The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: illegal?

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8
    Calvin0006

illegal?

is it illegal to change the color of your turn signals?, i got so sick of the stupid orangey-yellow. i changed them to white. anyone gonna care?

Initial -G-host
    Its illegal. Now...it also really depends on how anal the police are in your area. Its a risk...but if you are not doing anything else illegal, they'll probably pull you over but the most you'll get is a fix-a-ticket.

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    i got pulled over for blue ones, but that's pushing it. this chick i know who's really into cars had pink ones.... . now i have hyperwhites, cops notice it, stare it, and keep on driving, no shit yet. had 'em for about 4 months, they look awesome.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

stan6199

Re: illegal?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Calvin0006)</div><div class='quotemain'>is it illegal to change the color of your turn signals?, i got so sick of the stupid orangey-yellow. i changed them to white. anyone gonna care?</div>
    In TX, you can have a white or amber light, or a color between white and amber in the front. a red or amber light, or a color between red and amber in the rear. You can check your state traffic law.

Dark Anghell
    It also depends on an area in which you are driving, and the time. I had no license plate in the front for one year, then one day at 6a.m. I got pulled over and got a warning, but that's because it was a lady and i was extra nice to her.

yea they're illegal in a lot of states... i'm actually surprised, i've had my hyper white's on my car for over a year now and have never gotten pulled over for it... and the cops here are really anal...they have nothin better to do so they pull you over for stupid shit.
    95 Galant S ~> 5 Speed Manual

I know in va they are, you won't pass inspection with them and I got pulled over for them about half a year ago. Fix it ticket no biggie

mozelle69
    I have deep blue turn signals and red lights in side of my headlight assembly)....before I put them in I checked with an inspection center in my town (in NC) and they said it was not illegal, and I 've never gotten a ticket. I've used them right in front of cops and never had any problems.

On top of that, I'm in NJ now, and though I know it's illegal, I've seen plenty of people with NJ tags that have colored turn signals. I still have mine, but I still have my NC tag (I LOVE NC insurance compared to NJ), and I haven't had any trouble here either.....