The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: size piping for forced induction

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8
    leadfoot

size piping for forced induction

im going to be getting a S/C for my car and would lik to know what size piping i should get from the header back. i should be getting amss header soo and i want to know what size i need from the header so i can be finished with the exhaust

well I don't know tomuch about the amss header that's something you may wanna ask them how big the piping is and match that for your exaust. I got the RPW headers and they were 2.5" in an out of the cat so I matched it for my exaust.
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    Its said that your supposed to run at least 3" from the header back, but instead of the Amss headers you could use the Ripps SDS header instead.. You could ask vegasmatt what size he is going to use, i think he said he was gonna run 2.75" from the ripps header back..
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

leadfoot
    thanks for the info ill have to pm him and get info on it

TWISTED II
    my piping is 3 inch from the headers back.

I am 2.5" from the header back. No probs as of yet. I might upgrade to 2.75 though.
    Love,
    Matt

leadfoot
    as of now im saving or the full exahust which will run me anywhere from 700 to 900

leadfoot
    i dont want to looes back presure becuase that would be no good but i will eventualy after the S/C get my motor and tranny beefed up then add a shot of nos. i want to run 200whp if not more out of the S/C on stock internals then i will beef iup the motor probably 3 or 4 mounths after i get the S/C installed then again get it tuned and dynoed