The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: swap the engine

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

swap the engine

hi fox, i really need a lot of help so what ever you can offer would be great. I own a 94 galant 2.4 sohc, Auto, today, My tran died on me again and i have fixed it before 4 times. And now i cant flows around with my G ryde, i want to buy an engine and a tranny, what would be the easiest swap to fit my car, I was thinking about an ECLIPSE SPYDER ENGINE AND TRANNY. 2.4L with a 5spd. If you have any suggestions please send them through, i appreciate all the support. :oops: :oops: :oops:

the eclipse spyder engine is the same as ours, so it wont be no different

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    ey man do you have a gs with DOHC engine? i want ur head if u get a new engine!
    7g for life!

Re: swap the engine

Quote Originally Posted by galant_speed
    I own a 94 galant 2.4 sohc, Auto,

Engine

but is the spyder engine a dohc or sohc?

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    same engine as u have, just a few differences...
    7g for life!

All spyder engines are sohc. Some a/t and some m/t of course.

The only dohc came on a galant in 94 in the GS version. Only year, only model.

If I were you, I'd swap in a 4g63T from a 90 or 91 eclipse and an a/t from a 91-94 eclipse.

Any 4g63T from 90-99 will work though.

You can do a m/t swap, but it'll be more trouble and money then it's worth.

Seriously, do the 4g63T engine, tranny, and ecu swap, you'll be the happiest turbo'd galant owner.

Initial -G-host
    You tranny died 4x's already? Have you transmission cooler lines and cooler checked, they might be clogged. It is a notorious problem with 7g A/T trannies......once they become blocked or fluid flow reduces, the tranny gets HOT and HEAT is one of the main reasons tranny's die. Where are you having your tranny installed? If its at Mitsu...I wouldn't worry, but if you are doing it at a privately owned or standalone place, they may put the wrong type of tranny fluid in there. Now....if you just want to do a motor/tranny swap, and you want a Eclipse spyder motor, its basically the same one you got with few differences...mostly on the intake manifold, which slightly makes a few more bhp than the 4g64s intake manifold made 94-95. (I think 2 or 3 more bhp) Converting A/T to M/T.....I contiplated that idea, and its very costly, not worth it....unless you have big plans for your Galant to race or something. There are a few avenues you can take on what you want to do next to you Galant .....do a little research, and see what suits your criteria budget wise or performance wise. Happy Tuning.

Engine

thanks for all the ideas but i think im sticking to jesse's idea on getting a 4G63T and a tranny. Any idea if the tranny of a 90-94 eclipse would handle a strong turbo, i mean would it slip?

Engine

hi again, what kind of electronics would i need to swap the engine please list me all the things i need do i have to change any computer chips for the system?

Initial -G-host
    If your gonna swap a motor you will basically need:

1g or 2g 4g63t (If you are going JDM...EVO 1,2,3,4 Cyclone 4g63's will fit)
    Wiring harness
    ECU
    Tranny
    Intake manifold
    Turbo manifold
    4g63t Oil pan
    Turbo Oil lines
    4g63t injectors
    etc etc etc....basically, the motor, tranny, and ECU.