The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: TEMP GAUGE

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6
    clone2020

TEMP GAUGE

How long does it take your galant to reach the middle mark on your temp gauge?

Takes mine about 5 minutes after I start it...

...is that normal?

shouldn't it take less than a minute to warm up?

Thanks.

-Mike.

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    I dont know how long it take, but mine never reaches the middle its always well below it
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

clone2020
    Quote Originally Posted by HeadAche
    I dont know how long it take, but mine never reaches the middle its always well below it
    OK, the 3/8th mark?

as long as it hits normal operating temp (about 185 degrees, plus or minus), its probably fine.
    obviously, different conditions will allow for faster or slower warm ups.
    5 minutes is more than acceptable.

Senior TGC Member
    In the summer it took me about 2 mins, 4 to 5 in the winter.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

clone2020
    Quote Originally Posted by manybrews
    as long as it hits normal operating temp (about 185 degrees, plus or minus), its probably fine.
    obviously, different conditions will allow for faster or slower warm ups.
    5 minutes is more than acceptable.
    How do I know what the temp is? I just have the HOT or COLD indicator. Is the half way point 185F? 200F?