The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: ...and then I got high

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13

...and then I got high

Yesterday the car was outside the garage for a few hours in a light drizzle.
    I get in, turn the key and evrything dies. Recharged the battery and evrything's fine.
    I drive a while, flash the high beams and the fun starts. The "check engine" light turns on and the engine revs up slightly.... then after about 20 seconds the light goes off and the engine is honkey dory again.
    So of course I have to do this again, flash the high beams and the same thing happens again, "check engine" light comes on, engine revs slightly and then 10 to 20 secs later all is back to normal.
    So of course I flash the high beams again and this time the car and battery die.
    I get out recharge , and its all good
    I drive around for about half an hour and turn the car on and off a few times without a problem
    As I pull in the driveway I get brave again and flash the high beams...
    Nothing happens, no "check engine" light comes on , no engine reving ...nothing, the car runs just fine.
    I am thinking I have a short, I just wonder where the hell to start looking for it?
    Why I got half a mind to...ahhh...never mind I just got half a mind.

cantbeatmy97
    it may not be a shortage it may be the battery or alternator since u have to keep jumping it.maybe yur battery doesnt have enough juice to keep everything goin at once go to a pepboys or 1 of those places that does a LOAD test for free.

Quote Originally Posted by cantbeatmy97
    it may not be a shortage it may be the battery or alternator since u have to keep jumping it.maybe yur battery doesnt have enough juice to keep everything goin at once go to a pepboys or 1 of those places that does a LOAD test for free.

Thanks that's a good point especially since the battery was drained and out of the car for a few weaks.

I don't think its the battery.
    So I turn the car and it doesn't start.
    I pop the hood and I notice that the negative cable is "sizzling"
    I hook up the batery to another car and the Galant starts.
    If I take the jumper cables of and shut down the car and try to start again it won't start so it only starts if the battery is hooked up to another car.
    I took the battery and had it checked and it was OK.
    Is it a short?

check if all the connections are tightened, are the connectors clean and in good shape... put some of that battery grease on it when u put it back together...
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

Yes the connections are tight.
    Once a few days ago I was just coasting and the engine was jumping around from 500 to about 1100 up and down like a yoyo, I hit the gas and everything was OK after that

ps Nice Pic

How the hell do I find out whats weong with this car?

PMMA1997
    Quote Originally Posted by jiul
    Take it to your friendly neighborhood shop!

Quote Originally Posted by PMMA1997
    Quote Originally Posted by jiul
    Take it to your friendly neighborhood shop!

THERE'S A WASTE OF A POST.

Does anyone else have any ideas?

PMMA1997
    You have to consider that youre post have been here a month ago and still youre having problems with your car. If anybody here had any idea on how to help you they should have already. Goodluck!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PMMA1997)</div><div class='quotemain'>You have to consider that youre post have been here a month ago and still youre having problems with your car. If anybody here had any idea on how to help you they should have already. Goodluck!</div>\

As you can see by the dates of the posts I don't drive this car a lot nor have I had a lot of time to play with it or post more requests for help.

Also I am not sure why you decided to speak for everyone on this board.

But I appreciate your whishes of luck.

PS I what is that an emblem of?

PMMA1997
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jiul)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PMMA1997)</div><div class='quotemain'>You have to consider that youre post have been here a month ago and still youre having problems with your car. If anybody here had any idea on how to help you they should have already. Goodluck!</div>\

As you can see by the dates of the posts I don't drive this car a lot nor have I had a lot of time to play with it or post more requests for help.

Also I am not sure why you decided to speak for everyone on this board.

But I appreciate your whishes of luck.

PS I what is that an emblem of?</div>

I do hope that somebody from this board helps you out. The seal is of the Presidential Security Group (Philippines).

As you can see from the posts above some posters have tried.

I also got some really good advice with the private message thing.

I think I can isolate the prob today. If not, hey I bought this car to play mechanic so I'm doing just that ( I hope I didn't jinx myself LOL)

What the hell is the Pres. Sec. Grp. Philipines?