The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Very DIM headlights

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12
    nebj00la

Very DIM headlights

I have a problem with my headlights...

I recently replaced the my headlights with aftermarket hyper-whites to see if that would make my "DIM" lights "LESS DIM". Nope. The only thing thats better is the high beams. No matter what bulb I use, the low beams are VERY DIM. I can barely see at night when I am driving unless I use my fog lights... Even they don't help too much.

Yesterday I bought a Yellow Top Optima battery. Still dim. Any suggestions?? I'm hoping noone says alternator, because I know that Mitsubishi is going to say the lights are dim because of my sound system and NOT cover it under the platinum warranty I bought.

HELP!

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

does it get dim while the system is on or is it dim all the time. if its when the system is on. try getting a capacitor. if its all the time, has it been like this all the time or what...dim might just be normal

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Senior TGC Member
    hmm...well I think that a common complaint about the 8G is that the headlights are naturally dim. I didn't like it either, and that also prompted me to go with aftermarket bulbs, and finally I just put in a HID setup.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

nebj00la
    in response to one of the replies, the lights are dim all the time. I have a 1 Farad capacitor :-)

this is a picture of a saturn ov course but im guessing u can get a similar setup for the galant haha...should be bright enough for u

uhm you might want to consider getting HID possibly or just drive in the day time haha. a good set of auxilliary driving lights might help also. you can get those in HID too[/img]

Re: Very DIM headlights

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(nebj00la)</div><div class='quotemain'>I have a problem with my headlights...

I recently replaced the my headlights with aftermarket hyper-whites to see if that would make my "DIM" lights "LESS DIM". Nope. The only thing thats better is the high beams. No matter what bulb I use, the low beams are VERY DIM. I can barely see at night when I am driving unless I use my fog lights... Even they don't help too much.

Yesterday I bought a Yellow Top Optima battery. Still dim. Any suggestions?? I'm hoping noone says alternator, because I know that Mitsubishi is going to say the lights are dim because of my sound system and NOT cover it under the platinum warranty I bought.

HELP!

:shock: Â* :shock: Â* :shock: Â* :shock:</div>

The headlights are going to be even dimmer if you get hiperwhite bulbs b/c the blue light is a shorter wave length. Anyway, what you need to do is get high powered bulbs either for the headlight or change out your fog lights to 50watt ones. If you do the headlights (b/c factory is 55/65w) the higher wattage 80watt bulb is going to give off a lot of heat, you also need to change the stock wire harness out or risk melting them. FYI, fog lights are 893/899 bulbs.

[size=10]<span style='color:white'>. . . .</span>

but be careful with high wattage bulbs on the fogs too. not only do u risk frying the harness but i've heard of cases in which the housing melted from all the heat possibly...

My fogs haven't yet, knock on wood. I try not using them in idle traffic either, hehe.

[size=10]<span style='color:white'>. . . .</span>

Tazz2000
    I just upgraded to HID last night, and DAMN, it's so much better.
    You know how usually, you can see where your headlight hits, then it kind of spreads from there, dimming all the way? Well, with HID, it's bright to the edge. I would take pics, but my friend lost my digital camera, and doesn't make as much money as I do, so it's gonna take him a few weeks to replace it.

Senior TGC Member
    Yeah it's a real eye opener when you first get them. After the first few times of being high beamed you get used to it
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

i hated my dim stock lights so i got PIAA H4 super plasmas, and they were brighter than stock but still not bright enough. since then u guys know what i did:

H7 HID low

H7 HID low + H1 HID hi

i would suggest the H4 hi/lo HID if you really want light tho, my setup is pretty ridiculous and cost about 4 times as much as the H4 hi/lo HID, but i'm an ass (hint: i have 2 full sets of HID and dual bulb housings). it looks like a police helicopter searchlight now w/ my brights on.

Quote Originally Posted by pinoyesv6
    but be careful with high wattage bulbs on the fogs too. not only do u risk frying the harness but i've heard of cases in which the housing melted from all the heat possibly...
    I have 80watt fogs on almost all the time for over a month now and havent had a problem yet, but we will see if they stay that way.... hopefully nothing melts.