The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: help with speaker sizes pleaseeee

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

help with speaker sizes pleaseeee

I would appreciate it if you guys could help me. I bought new speakers 6x9 for the rear 6.5 for the doors and 3.5 for the dash, are those the right sizes and do i have to do any custom mods for them to fit??

asalem97
    yeah the back 6 x 9s should be perfect, the front is actually meant for a 6 3/4" but the 6 1/2's should work (I have 6 1/2 sony xplods and I got em to fit with no prob) and I'm pretty sure the tweeters are 3 1/2" but not positive.

i found out the hard way they are 4" not 3 1/2 but with some clever screws and dynamat you can get them to work well :thumbsup: but i on the other hand cant afford dynamat so they make a weird rattling noise sometimes :-(

jayhood26
    Just to let u know the to keep the tops of ur 6x9 because the back covers will not fit over ur aftermarket speakers i learned the hard way when i put mine in

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    uhhh mine fit fine and i have 3way 6x9s. i know maz had to cut a bit of the underside of the cover
    7g for life!

thanx

thanx guys got it. I just shaved the inside of the stock covers and it fit fine and everything sounds perfect thanx