The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Question about HVAC controls

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8
    95GalantS

Question about HVAC controls

In my 95 Galant S, at night if i turn on my lights shouldn't the HVAC controls light up? They haven't lit up since i got my car so i wasn't sure if they should. If anyone knows please let me know. Thanks

they should, the bulb is out, take off teh middle console frame and in the back of the hvac off center (more to the left side) it uses a 74 size bulb

95GalantS
    Thanks alot!

95GalantS
    I just tried to get the bulb out and i got the panel off and then i could find the bulbs. How do i get to the bulbs? Also i couldn't get the HVAC controls all the way out. The wires connecting to the HVAC controls were keeping me from doing that so i tried pulling the plug out but it wouldn't come out.

u gotta kinda angle it to get back there, the socket is there, u just gotta turn it and take it out

95GalantS
    Thanks Again!

Ok here my hvac question. Mine will only light up if I hit any part around it. Then when I turn off the lights and turn em on again I have to hit them to turn on again. Know whats causing this?
    YES I STILL HAVE MY GALANT!!

sounds like a bad ground or a lose bulb, try pushing the bulb in more or use a power tester and see if the ground and power is constant, if anything u migh thave a short or a bad bulb