The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Lowering springs for 95 Galant S

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 23
    silvergalantguy

Lowering springs for 95 Galant S

i wanna lower my car but i dont want i slammed. ive been looking around and cant seem to find anything i like. the back end on my 95 Galant looks like its a little lower than the front. maybe shocks are going bad and since i might have to change them anyway i figure some decent coilovers would be the way to go. hoping to lower it somewhere around 1.5 to 2 inches. thanks guys.

:twisted: eibachs are pretty good struts does not change the height of the vehicle :twisted:

xero260
    tokiko makes really good struts, and for 95's too. they are gas shocks that can be lowered and raised.

IllestGalant
    ground control with koni, or kyb struts.
    you can adjust the drop or lift to whatevery you want 0-3"

silvergalantguy
    ive heard the ground control with koni adjustables you metioned are pretty good. could you give me a link to a site i could find all four. thanks

Initial -G-host
    Most lowering springs made for the Galant only really lower the car about 1.5 inches, but if I am correct Intrax may be a little bit lower. As for Coil-overs you can use 2g FWD Eclipse's (95-99). There are TONS of companies that make coil-overs but be careful, you get what you pay for. If you want to get performance (Highly recommended if you lower the car) Tokico, Koni, and KYB are probably the most affordable and function very well. Each company has different lines they offer like Tokico has Blues, Whites, etc etc and KYB has GR2 and AGX's. Just depends what you want and looking for. Now...if you are looking for package deals that varies with sites you visit. I know NOPI sells Ground Control with Tokico.

Here is a list of links that may help your search:

http://www.nopionline.com/index.cfm?fuseac...%20Kit&vaffid=0

http://www.aimind.com/homepage.htm

http://www.alamomotorsports.com/

http://kissmotorsports.com/

silvergalantguy
    Now the price of the Grond Controls on the nopionline site is about 429 or so. you mentioned kits, now on the nopi site is that price for the coilovers and struts or just the coilovers. i figure just the coilovers because if the struts came with them at that price id be ordering them right now. also this might be a retarded question but in searching around i noticed some guys' say they have shocks in the back and struts up front, is this true? and what is the difference between shocks and stuts? i was also looking at those Skunk2 coilovers anybody have some info on those compared to Ground Controls and if i were to get the Skunk2s, would the KYB AGXs im planning on getting work with them. everything im planning on buying is from the nopionline site by the way. sorry for all the Qs but my car will be ready in about a week or so and i really want to order everything in the next few days so they'll at least be on the way. thanks for any help

IllestGalant
    I got the ground control kit from Upgrade Motoring. Glen was really nice and the ground control with the KYB's was about 700 dollars. The ground control kit does not include struts. It comes with the eibach springs, the adjuster collar, the bushing and the collar for the spring and strut. You have to reuse your mounts and stops. You also need to specify what struts you are using so you get the correct collar! good Luck
    btw. this suspension kicks ass. I am taking turns at speeds I never thought possible. but don't listen to me, try it for yourself!

silvergalantguy
    ok i really want the Ground Controls now. but i might have to downgrade the KYBs from the AGXs to GR-2s if im going with the GCs. what is the difference between the two. GR-2s are cheaper than AGXs so obviously theyll be lacking something compared to the AGXs.....so to recap, Ground Control Coilovers for KYBs and KYB GR-2s all around.......any thoughts? :?

silvergalantguy
    anyone?.......i know you all wouldnt want a faithful 7Ger bouncing around like some wackass :monkeypiss: honda

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    gr2s only allow up to a setting of 3 and the agxs allow for up to 8 i believe. but from what i hear, you shouldnt go past 3 anywho 8)
    7g for life!

silvergalantguy
    ok tuesday then, this is what it is:

Ground Control coilovers for KYB
    KYB GR-2s all around

sounds like a good setup to me, ill give it a day before i order to get some feedback from you guys but im pretty sure this is the way im going. you guys havent steered me wrong before so i know ill be hooked up.

Just dumped 4k to rebuild my wrecked 95 Galant S :shock: .....God i love that car :twisted:

yup stick with gr2's youll be very happy...and save a lil money too... :thumbsup:
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

silvergalantguy
    thanks, ill let you know how it works out for me

Experienced TGC Member
    I have an opinion.

Why would you want an adjustable suspension that is not fully adjustable? :?

Not sure if Seth is drinking again or not, but the GR-2's have no adjustable attributes what so ever. If you get the GC's then I figure you want the freedom to raise and lower your car (if not then buy springs) which will drastically affect the rod travel on your struts. If you go from 1" drop to a 3" drop one day, you will have a lower spring rate with the same damper travel, that will give you a pretty crappy ride as you drop it.

...stick with me..

Now if you buy the AGX with the GC's only then will you be able to stiffen the rod travel when you slam the car. The lower you go the stiffer you want you damper to be.
    If you drop the car 3" and go with the GR-2's you will eventually blow them. They are not designed to absorb that constant low rod travel, they are replacement.. not an upgrade.

If you are on a tight budget, or as you mentioned before that you don't really want to slam it.. I would recommend getting springs. It takes the guess work out of the equation and GR-2's do well with the following..

Eibach -> 1.2" drop
    Eibach Sport-Line -> 1.7" drop
    Intrax -> 1.5"-1.8" drop
    Gold-Line -> 2" drop
    [b]<span style='color:blue'>Wes</span>
    The true path to enlightenment is Here
    <-Check it out Maz
    My 7g

[b]<span style='color:darkred'>ClubTGC Shidoshi-Kai Fellowship</span>

stan6199
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(2True)</div><div class='quotemain'>
    GR-2's do well with the following..

Eibach Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* -> 1.2" drop
    Eibach Sport-Line Â* Â* -> 1.7" drop
    Intrax Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* -> 1.5"-1.8" drop
    Gold-Line Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â*-> 2" drop</div>

How about GR-2 works with stock springs?

i dont think the car will be low enough to blow the gr2's i could be wrong and even if you get agx its not likely that your gonna lift up the car to change the suspension setting every other day, eventually ur gonna say F*## it and just leave it in one setting after a while...

silvergalantguy
    yup. see this is exactly why i said id wait until tuesday to order them. thanks for the info. ok, now i really need some info on the Skunk2 coilovers. it seems i would be better to invest a little more into the struts(AGX) than the coilovers and if im going to do that, then ill probably have to go with Skunk2 coilovers and the KYB AGXs. will the Skunk2s fit over the AGXs?

thats kool too... but i hear skunk rides a little hard... how bout ground control, also how much is ur budget???

silvergalantguy
    not sure yet gotta see how much the rest of my car repairs are. shouldnt be too much more. but i dont think ill take the chance of having my struts blow out so im thinking AGX. if the Skunk2 are just a little bit of a stiffer ride im not to worried about it. i think the '02 SE-R ive been driving has a pretty stiff suspension so if its sorta the same its not too bad.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast