The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 7g galant springs and coilovers

Showing results 1 to 2 of 2
    silvergalantguy

7g galant springs and coilovers

ive been looking for some springs to lower my 95 galant S about 2 inches up front and about 1.5 in back. i saw a set of ground control coilovers and springs for around $450 for the set and i really want to get them. heres my problem, i think my rear shocks are going bad cause the back seems slightly lower than the front and i plan on replacing them soon. im afraid if i get the ground control springs and coilovers for my stock shocks i will not be able to put on some KYB shocks i plan on buying later to replace my aging shocks. can someone help with some info on this? :puzzled1: also what is the difference between coilovers and springs, do coilovers and springs come seperate or is a coilover a complete adjustable setup minus the shock. i realize this might be a stupid question but i just want to be sure. thanks for any help.

IllestGalant
    trust me when i say, do the entire job at once. It aint worth removing
    the entire rear deck lid again and all that crap. Just save and buy the struts with the ground control. Your stock struts are blown out, trust me again

A spring is a coil. Same difference. the term coil over refers to the suspension type, meaning a coil (spring) over a strut or shock.
    strut being a bar type of dampener and shock being a tube type dampener.