The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Finally...for your JDM tails (Bulb Guide)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 22
    Senior TGC Member

Finally...for your JDM tails (Bulb Guide)

I decided to go to Sylvania's European source ( http://www.osram.com ) for bulb info, seeing as how they get the world spec Galant and here's what I have come up with. As some of you know already the turn signal hole will fit the U.S. spec 1156 bulb just fine, as it can handle up to about 25mm diameter bulbs. The other three will not accept anything bigger than 20mm in diameter. It lists the following, and since I'm not European I'm not quite sure what these locations are (perhaps Nick VR-4 could help out): Parking Light is 3893, Signal Light Back + Fog Tail Light + Back Headlight all use 7506, Tail Light + Brake Light Back both use 7528. These are European specs, and I am unsure about the corresponding U.S. bulbs, but here's what I have found out about these bulbs with some help from http://lighting.mbz.org/tech/info/lights/signal_bulbs/ : The 7528 bulb is in the same series as an 1157 and 2057 (U.S. spec Galant) type bulb being dual contact/dual filament/axially offset pins/one direction only 12V P21W/5W, the 7506 bulb is in the same series as an 1156 type bulb being single contact/single filament 12V P21W, and the 3893 bulb is a "mini bayonet" type bulb single contact/single filament 12V, supposedly a good replacement bulb for the 293 so I don't even know if this goes on the taillight. I didn't find anything on the wedge bulb DANJ showed us, so I don't know what else I'm missing...if you folks want to contribute and add to this...
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

Tiller
    i have a headache now... thanks alot.. :shock:

Senior TGC Member
    You think you have a headache...I spent 3 hours trying to compile that little passage :x
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

Experienced TGC Member Dominicano's Avatar
    actually i was checking out the information that David provided 7440 single contact wedge bulb and 7443 double contact wedge bulb. i am trying trying to go to the junk yard to see if any honda, nissa, toyato have harness so i can use that. It's most likely that they will fit with no problem.

J. T. Z.
    Hey Domie, let us know how you make out. I just wish this info was available before I cut out the holes on my taillights.

Senior TGC Member
    Hehe...yeah so did I. Right now I'm running a variation of BabyBenz's setup. I have the 3rd gen lights...my parking light is the top red circle, my brake light is the red rectangle area, turn signal is semen white (i.e. clear), and so is my reverse light. I had hoped for amber turn signals, but I'm not about to take my lights back out to see which bulb he stuck in there. Maybe at the Texas meet...My parking lights are ONLY the red circles, the brake light can ONLY be activitated separately by depressing the brake pedal (it cannot be turned on along with the parking light because the bulb is not the true 21w/5w JDM setup) but that's ok, I don't mind.

Experienced TGC Member Dominicano's Avatar
    i went to 4 auto part stores and they did not have no sockets for the 7440 bulbs i will be calling strauss to see if they got it in the warehouse, been so busy lately at work.

For you guys that cut the holes out to make the bulbs fit, how did you make them stay in place?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BGR)</div><div class='quotemain'>For you guys that cut the holes out to make the bulbs fit, how did you make them stay in place?</div>

i recall reelax saying to use some super glue or silicon to hold the bulbs in

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Senior TGC Member
    My shop looked like it just used plain old electrical tape to hold the sockets in place.

Quote Originally Posted by BGR
    For you guys that cut the holes out to make the bulbs fit, how did you make them stay in place?
    I just used some crazy glue and it worked really well.
    Chapin y Boriqua que mezcla

Click here and go down towrds the bottom. You will see that the 1998 Accord V6 coupe uses the 7440 bulbs as the reverse lights. I wonder if there is a way to find out what the part number is for the bulb socket, so we could get one and see if it works for the JDM Galant tails?

Senior TGC Member
    Time to pay a visit down to my local Honda parts dealer Hey maybe they're good for something after all

Tiller
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo
    Quote Originally Posted by BGR
    I just used some crazy glue and it worked really well.
    wow... hope your bulbs never burn out...

FLiPSTYLE
    What if you get jdm taillights complete with its stock sockets, harness, wires and all that, is the install as easy as taking our oem taillight out and just pluggin in the jdm to the car's connector? Or do you still have to modify certain things? Also, if you have the original sockets for the jdm taillights, is it easy to look for replacements bulbs here in the states? Feedback from anyone with this setup would be great.

Senior TGC Member
    That's what I had been suggesting but it didn't seem to get any replies...but at least mine are in

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rallifan)</div><div class='quotemain'>That's what I had been suggesting but it didn't seem to get any replies...but at least mine are in </div>

Rallifan,

the 7528 dual contact bulb can be replaced by 1157 or 2057s doesn't matter.

As for the 7506 thats can be replaced by a 1156 bulb.

I have yet to check on the 3893, gimme a second.

Senior TGC Member
    Good to know I used 1157 myself.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rallifan)</div><div class='quotemain'>Good to know I used 1157 myself.</div>

Surely

The 3893 should be availible at any auto parts store.

FLiPSTYLE
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rallifan)</div><div class='quotemain'>That's what I had been suggesting but it didn't seem to get any replies...but at least mine are in </div>

So what is your final setup Ralli? You don't have the stock sockets for the jdm's do you? Or did you have to go look for replacements instead? Which jdm do u have anyways? The one reelax has or bgr's?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast