I can't seem to find archives for this info. The only thing I can think of is to buy old sales brochures off eBay, but I can't possibly get one for each year to compare the slight variations and differences. I would prefer not to, but I may have to just take a trip up to Mitsu Corporate and look in their archives. I'm making an identical post in the 7G forum since I don't know how much guys look in either one.

This is all because I NEED to go road racing, and soon. I've been wanting to represent the world of Mitsu in SCCA Improved Touring (IT) for a while now. I've settled on racing a Galant. My only problem now is deciding which one. For cost and competiveness I'm going to run either a 6G 89-93 or 7G 94-98. For those of you who know anything about the SCCA, turbo's and AWD are banned from Club Racing. Not to mention Improved Touring is a fairly stock class in order to keep costs down. That means to engine swaps or stroker kits. I thought about Mirages, but they are underpowered despite their lighter weight. That's why I'm going with a Galant.

What I need to know are specs on these cars. I need to know for starters which generation to go with, 6G or 7G. At this point I'm leaning twards the 6G because of costs and the better high end potential of the DOHC 4G63 versus the SOHC 4G64. Next I need to know exactly what year and trim level to look for. Did one year have slightly higher compression? Bigger sway bars? Multi-link rear suspension? Rear disc brakes? Larger vented fronts? GS or GSR? ES or S?