The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: gas pedal

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11
    Relgalant

gas pedal

Whats tgc i been having problems with my gas pedaL GETTIN STUCK HOLLA BACK I NEED SOME ADVICE I TOOK IT TO THE DEALER THEY DIDNT FIND ANYTHING.

Senior TGC Member
    Whoa...that's worse than bad brakes eh?
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

check yur floor mats they could be getting in the way. uhm if they get stuck down...you can always shift to neutral and steer the car off the road. don't shut the car down since you'll lose your power brakes and power steering. makes it a lil bit harder to control the car

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Me and ATL_G & BIG $$ were in the car with him..

It aint nice when the pedal gets stuck.... :shock:
    2005 TGC Fantasy Football Champ III
    http://www.Gencoupe.com/garage/3337

Check under the hood and look at the throttle body linkage and spring. Make sure it's not getting hung up on something. Also try shooting some graphite into the throttle cable itself. It may have gotten a little wet and is sticking there.

Chip
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

has anyone had problems with the pedal getting stuck in the morning when u first crank it up!!!!! :cry:
    STEPHEN
    2000 GMC K2500 4x4
    2004 Chevrolet Tahoe 4x4

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    after i adjusted my idle RPM, my gas pedal got stuck for a little bit, and it was no big deal, but then eventually i'd have to FLOOR the car for a split second, let off again, then go ahead normally. this, obviously, was really bad for the car. what i found was happening was the throttle wheel (where the wire whips around the spring loaded circle by the throttle valve) was getting stuck to the small little screw that controlled how far the throttle valve opened. spray some wd-40 all over that area, wait a few hours, and all should be good. i havn't had any problems since.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Great thanks!!!
    STEPHEN
    2000 GMC K2500 4x4
    2004 Chevrolet Tahoe 4x4

Well i tried the WD-40 and that didnt work so im thinking is the rubber piece on the gas pedal itself that it rests against when you let off the pedal.
    STEPHEN
    2000 GMC K2500 4x4
    2004 Chevrolet Tahoe 4x4

get on your hands and knees with a flashlight and push the pedal down with ur hand (make sure ur car is off) and see if its getting caught somewhere

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Yeah ive already done that and nothing is getting caught but there is a little rubber stopper and i think thats the problem little sticky
    STEPHEN
    2000 GMC K2500 4x4
    2004 Chevrolet Tahoe 4x4