The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Quick Question

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5
    CNascimento

Quick Question

Here is the deal my car got side-swiped this weekend... How much does it take to consider it totaled... I have a 2001 ls... And Will the insurance cover the side skirt???? (I know they will cover pick-up truck beds covers)

it all depends on the value of the car, the cost that it will take to fix the car and the structural integrity of the car after the repairs.

when i got in my accident, my car was borderline. if the insurance company decided to use new parts from the start, my car woulda been totalled. but with used parts and an initial estimate of 8k to fix my 2k esv6, my car wasn't totalled.

as for what the insurance company will replace will depend. with my accident, it wasn't my fault. so they replace everything or sompensated me for parts taht weren't oem.

if u were to compare my ES to TOC's old ES when our cars got in the accident. TOC's car looked way better than my car. TOC's car was totalled. mine wasn't. TOC had major frame damage, mine wasn't as bad.

it all depends. just gotta wait it out

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

TWISTED II
    normally, if the cost to fix the car is more than 70% of the total value of the car it is totalled. so, it depends on how much its worth.

Senior TGC Member
    When our old 4 banger ES flipped 4 times they said it would take about 5 grand to repair the damage. It was considered totaled. I dunno what the criteria is for every insurance company.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

CNascimento
    Thanks for the help... I guess I should be seeing the adjuster either today or tomorrow... He will tell me how much damage there is

Thanks,
    CHRIS