The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Testimonials for the D3 CSK-C

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4
    Dr. Design

Testimonials for the D3 CSK-C

Hello All,
    Just wanted to show you all what other people are saying about the D3 CSK-C. We would like to hear your feedback as well. Please feel free to post your comments.
    Here is a testimonial of a CSK-C owner:

INITIAL IMPRESSIONS:

Before: Stock suspension and tires
    Added: D3 Designs Front Chassis Brace (FCB-C), Front-Mid Chassis Brace
    (FMCB-C), Rear Cassis Brace (RCB-C).

Well, I just got the car back, and I am really surprised at the difference. I have long been a proponent of chassis stiffening components since I saw what they did for my old Mustang vert, but I was skeptical of the difference in a coupe. All I can say is wow. The most immediate thing I noticed was initial turn-in and steering response -- unbelievably quick and responsive. So much so, that it took me a little bit to get used to. Fantastic.

Overall, the car feels much more solid, and smooth. You can really start to feel the four corners much better than ever before. The whole suspension reacts and responds much quicker. In normal driving, bumps in the road smooth out quicker and the car feels more solid. This is most apparent when I park, as I have to park over a rounded curb (which sucks). Before, the whole car would wobble and jerk as the first wheel went over the "curb" and for a brief period after. Now, it is dramatically smoother, and there is no wobbling and jerking at all.

However, in the turns is where you really see the benefit. Not only can you take turns much faster than before (35mph turns -> 40 mph easily, probably more), but you can really feel the four corners and how they respond much, much better. It is such a great feeling to be able to get feedback and know exactly what the suspension is doing. It makes the car so much more fun to drive hard through the turns.

Overall, I can't give Mark and James at D3 Designs enough praise. They are great people to work with (as I am sure James is sick of my emails) and this is an awesome product that anyone who is serious about suspension work has got to get. Definitely, definitely worth the money.

Thank you,

IllestGalant
    thanks for the info! I'm getting some prices right now

Yeah Im interested in this! Anything to make me handel better is always on my list!
    The First Supercharged 4cyl Galant!!!!!!!!

www.rippmods.com

Before there were any, there was me.

Before: Progress springs, front Koni inserts, rear KYB AGX's, OEM Eclipse Spyder front strut tower bar, 18x7.5" rims with 225/40/18" Yokohama Parada spec 2 tires.

Added: D3 Designs Front Chassis Brace (FCB-C), Front-Mid Chassis Brace, (FMCB-C), Rear-Mid Chassis Brace (RMCB-C), Rear Cassis Brace (RCB-C).

As I've said before, I definitely feel stiffer with this kit. Even with all the things I already had done to my suspension when I added the kit, I was able to take turns with ease. The responsiveness is great. I can take some turns with only one hand on the wheel and still feel completely in control of the car. I've even noticed that lane changing at high speeds has really improved. Before the kit, when I would switch lanes at high speeds I would have the feeling like my car was going to drift over too far, possibly over into another lane. But, now it feels so much more stable. Anyone who is serious about cornering hard should add this kit to their list.

By the way, Mark and James, is there ever going to be a front strut tower bar that bolts to the firewall made for the Galant? I'd like one.