The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: air conditioner - evaporator drain plugged

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5
    rocky5

air conditioner - evaporator drain plugged

Has anyone had this problem of the water not draining from the evaporator and then you hear whoosh and carpet is all wet on passengers side? Can the drain tube be accessed from under car or does one have to pull heater assembly from inside to clean out drain tube?

Thanks

on these, its a bitch.

ive been removing the plenum between the blower motor and HVAC box, and using compressed air from the inside out.
    you will NOT be able to reach it by hand, and theres no way anyone here is going to want to try to take out the HVAC box, as its about a 6 hour job and quite complicated.

Green Machine
    I've been having the same damn problem on my ride off and on now since the warm weather hit. I hate to take my ride in cause I'm sure it will cost an arm and a leg... BUT, I hate not to take my ride in cause replacing the carpet will probably cost twice that amount. Manybrews, what does a job like that run at a honorable shop anyhow?

6 or 7 hours of labor....

so figure on 500 bucks, plus or minus.

seriously, its not a pleasant job. thats why i try the compresser air method first, after removing part of the HVAC plenum.

rocky5
    I was able to get it to drain by tapping on the drain elbow ( located up by the gas peddle )with screw driver handle, drained a large amount of water. But, I haven't seen it dripping on days the AC has been running, but I live dry climate also.

At ALLDATA I found TSB-02-55-006 that said drain tube could be removed and cleaned but looking at it I'm not sure that can be done, anyone know about this?

I thought about drilling into this plastic elbow and then tapping & inserting some kind of brass or plastic fitting, then hooking air to it, blow it out, and capping when done. That way it would be all set for future use.