The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 6Th Gen trans problem

Showing results 1 to 2 of 2
    Neko

6Th Gen trans problem

I have a chance to pick up a 1993 Galant in perfect condition (4G63/F4A22) The thing about it though is that the previose owner before the person i'm buying it from had the transmission replaced with an eclipse (Not sure of the year) tranny also an F4A22 now the current owner complains about miss shifts and other problems related to the tranny. They took the car to 2 mechanics and got the same answer, The TCU was going bad or something along those lines. Since theirs a chance that the TCU might be sending the wrong signals to the tranny (Diffrent gearing or something) i wanted to know if anyone has come across this in their galant. It's no problem for me to get a new TCU but if that wont fix the car then ill be out a wad of cash. Thanks

the eclipse tranny should be compatible with the 6g. uhm i'd check all the linkage between the tranny and the TCU to make sure that its doing fine. i'd also check the condition of the transmission also. uhm seeing that its an eclipse tranny, im guessing it could possibly be used and yea the mileage on teh tranny could be bunches so, that can be failing. if you think its worth it, i'd take it to a dedicated tranny shop and see what they can find and an estimate on the whole procedure necessary

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.