The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: lowering spring ?

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10
    GalantLadie

lowering spring ?

the front of my car rides like 4 inches higher than the rear. the wheel well in the rear is about 1 to 2 inches from the tire where as the front wheel well is 5 ot 6 inches from the tire my ? is if i where to lower the car should i get new spring all around or could i get away with just lowering the front. i dont want to throw the car off balance or have it ride all weird. but as low as the back is now i cant see putting the money into new springs for the back.

Andoy

High Front

Yeah, I'm looking to do the same, and the choice is to either go with the lowering springs all around (afraid tho that going 1.5" lower may cause rear rubbing) or go with Ground Control Coilovers which allow for adjustment, ie, you can lower the front more than the rear. I'm not sure tho if it's good, for the handling or for the car, to drop the front 2-3 inches while leaving the rears the same. Wondering if a change in shocks, or other components may help the situation. Any suggestions out there?!!

IllestGalant
    if your rear is sagging 4 inches lower than the front then your struts are completely blown out in the rear. I have the ground control kit and i highly recommend it. i have leveled out the car and the ride on the curvey roads is sweet. also with the 8teens and the bigger tires, the rears rubbed out on the body kit so i needed stiffer suspension. went with the ground control and kyb's and i lowered the car two inches and it doesn't even rub now!

GalantLadie
    my struts are fine the back end of my car has always been lower the car rides just like it did when i drove it off the dealers lot it doesnt sway or bounce excessivly like my old car did so i know what it feels like to drive in busted struts. i also have a speaker box in my trunk i dont know how much it weighs but im sure it dont help having that extra weight back there

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(N.H.GalantLadie)</div><div class='quotemain'>my struts are fine the back end of my car has always been lower the car rides just like it did when i drove it off the dealers lot it doesnt sway or bounce excessivly like my old car did so i know what it feels like to drive in busted struts. Â*i also have a speaker box in my trunk i dont know how much it weighs but im sure it dont help having that extra weight back there</div>

The 4 in gap is the usual "wheel well monster." In 8g galants, the car's front wheel wells are way bigger in height and width than the rear ones creating the monstrous 4in gap.

Had tha same 4in gap yesterday, but today i am now lowered.

I bought KYB AGX's shocks/struts and Sprint springs.

The springs were suppose to drop me 1.8 all around, but after measure my new SMALL wheel well gap it is 2 inches smaller,

therefore it dropped up front 2 inches, the car looks way better.

CAUTION: The looks, come at a price, the car rides really hard, nothing copared to when it came out of the dealer.
    Kevin
    2006 GIXXER 600

I agree with ya Kev
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

Xska55
    cant wait to see your newly dropped ride kev

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Xska55)</div><div class='quotemain'>cant wait to see your newly dropped ride kev</div>

It looks lower than expected. I also hav an Injen CAI, and an aftermarket exhaust.

Bryant thanx a lot for the tires, nuttin wouldve been possible w/o Bryant's generosity.
    Kevin
    2006 GIXXER 600

Xska55
    lol anytime bro

Now Kev is pimpin.
    Join TGC NY, Click Image to enter