The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: clicking noise????/

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3
    SILVERES

clicking noise????/

hey whats up everyone well ive been haveing this loud as anoying clicking noise its more like if rubbing squeeking i dont kno how to explain it happens when i turn on the car turn the wheel when im driving wen the car is costing...... its getting anoying i purchesed h/r springs and im gettin shocks but i dont really kno what this noise is i dnt want to take it to the dealer cuz i dont have money like that to give it to them u kno if anyone here has any idea what it can be please give me clues......
    o the stearing wheel doese not shake at all and neiter does the car its just the clicking thanx in advanced if anyone can help lata

Gilhuly
    Clicking is the CV Joint. Get under your car and check those rubber-accordion boots on either end of your axles. Probably the outer CV boot on the side you are hearing is torn, the grease has run out, the joint is done. Get a whole new OEM axle in my opinion if this is the case, but you could go with a remanufactured axle if money is a problem. Let me know if this diagnosis was correct.

If you are hearing grinding that could be the wheel bearing or maybe brakes.

Of course if you still have those stock Goodyear tires that is responsible for a squeeling noise of its own

BE VERY CAREFUL !!!!!!!!!

Well i had a noise recently. it was like pounding, and it was only wen i was coasting, when i would press the pedal (brake or accelerator) it would stop sounding. the entire car would vibrate. Well it happened to be that my right front tire was completely loose. DANGEROUS.

check your tires if the nuts are tight.
    Kevin
    2006 GIXXER 600