The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Painting hood, bumper, fenders and doors, question!

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12
    My GTZ

Painting hood, bumper, fenders and doors, question!

Hi,

I have a 2001 GTZ and a few days ago I was hit with about 50 gravel sized rocks that flew out of a construction truck. The rocks chipped up my hood, bumper, fenders and doors quite good. This whole deal upset me quite a bit and I turned it into my insurance company.

Do you think it is a good idea to repaint all of those parts on the car or will it not look as good after being painted? I'm having a good body shop do all of the work. I just wanted to see what you guys thought about the positives and negatives of getting this done.

Thank you

if they are gonna paint it you don't want them to just touch it up if there are chips on teh hood then repaint the whoel hood not just the chipped spots ulnless its one little peice out of the way. when you paint it's better to blend everything int as opposed ot just spot checking it
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

My GTZ
    Hi C.J.

This shop will actually be removing all parts and sandblasting them so they can all be repainted fresh. That is the best way to go right?

Yeah, Sand it down and repaint the whoel thing. thats the best way. takes time but well worth it
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

My GTZ
    Ok cool, that is what we're going to do. I take the car in on Tuesday and they said it should be done by the next tuesday or wednesday. I got a $1500 check from my insurance company to cover all of this

that's cool. just be sure they give you the run down you won't be able to take it right on the highway for like a month.as far as washing it and all that other stuff. They should explain it to you when you get it back.
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

My GTZ
    The problem is that I have to use the highway for a few miles to get home though...

Experienced TGC Member
    use your moms car (atleast thats what I would do)

My GTZ
    How would that even make sense though? My car has to get home somehow.

Experienced TGC Member
    Thats a good question that Iam unable to answer for you. Please insert another quater.

Faction
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(My GTZ)</div><div class='quotemain'>The problem is that I have to use the highway for a few miles to get home though...</div>

get a front end mask

My GTZ
    You guys are crazy, it will be fine