The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Pros and Cons of the Galant

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 32 of 32
    luxcrusr2000
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lazarus)</div><div class='quotemain'>I think the only reason they depreciate is because they are going out of buisness. they sold out to chrysler the deal is suppose to finalize in thenext couple years which is why I believe they are trying to push all thse cars onto the market now.</div>

WHAT?! :shock: When did that happen?

That's old news man
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

Freeze

Pro's and Cons

First Post, this is a good place to start.

Have had my Galant for 2 years, love the car, sporty, fast enough, good mpg 24mpg mixed, reliable, a/c cold as alaska. I have a 2001 ES-V6, save your money (nothing against the GTZ but look for/get an ES with the v-6, almost the exact same car but cheaper).

Out the door at $21,000 including Moonroof, ABS, 16 GTZ Wheels, Aftermarket wood interior trim....

Cons, the auto tranny sometimes gets stupid and dealer maintenance is a bit pricey, 15,000k $159.00, 30,000 $359.00, those are expensive oil changes.

Dealer warranty repairs have been outstanding, no trouble, excellent service !!!

BXNYMitsu01
    I have ES I4 2001.

Pro: It's a good car.
    Con: It's too DAMN SLOW!

mtz_roy2003-g
    i just got a 2003 LS and it drives great. it catches a lot of eyes, i think it is the best 4-door around with a sporty and stylish look. the con is that it doesn't have the handle for the passenger side. but other than that it is a geat car to modify and to have.

top 3 peeves

1. The gas door cannot be locked
    2. Flimsy glove compartment, although it did not fail on me.
    3. The top of the car attracts many dirty stuff if you know what I mean. By the rubber pieces.

The rest I LOVE

CT_GalantV6
    Well I can talk from experience on this one.

I have a true 1999 ES V6. I drove it off the lot in Aug. '98 with like 15 miles on it. I now have about 133,000 miles on it.

Pros- This car has been nothing but a dream to drive. Great V6. Plenty of room (IMO, F*** the back seat). Reliable to the T, balls to the wall solid car. STILL!!!!!!

Cons- Rotors warp easy and yes, the glove box sucks also. It broke and I fixed. Thats it.

I did have the fuel gauge fixed and the driver mirror cracked within the first month of owning the car. Then the battery died in less than a year, all of which was covered as warranty.

After having a few GM's that fell apart after 80k, this G has been the best $20k I ever spent.

BigJack
    Cons: GAS MILEAGE SUCKS! SUSPENSION IS SOFT! RIDE SUCKS! LOTS OF WIND NOISE! YOUR BETTER OFF BUYING A CIVIC!

m1k3 r0ck3t
    Pros - car looks great, handles great, great off the start, and its basically an Eclipse with 4 doors!

Cons - glove box sucks arse, AT, service centers suck the arse too!

PROS:
    The GTZ model is a rare car (at least around here) and it'll definitely turn heads- RSX, civic, ricecar owners alike.
    Can fit more ladies with the 3 seats in the back.
    Trunk space is mighty big!
    It's a Mitsubishi!

CONS:
    Wind noise can get high
    Suspension can be too stiff sometimes on larger speed bumps.
    Engine noise is somewhat low, even at high RPMs. (if you don't like to hear the engine, then this can be a PRO for you)
    Brakes are definitely an issue.
    The mighty "Infiniti" stereo is a little weak even with bass turned up.

john mars

8G pros-cons

pros:
    1. great room for a midlevel car
    2. decent mileage for a big 4 cyl
    3. body lines r great,especially when dropped, it takes an agressive stance

cons:
    1. lack of power for a 4, should have had 160-170hp for this size
    2. rear drums should never b in, disc should b all around like the V6
    3. front rotors warp easily
    4, rear speakers should not b complicated to replace, but it is time consuming.
    5 very soft suspension, replace asap to aftermarket as well as springs, from there the car comes alive,also front upper strut bar,oh 17 rims and tires in that package too..

Relayer
    I'll add mine and maybe a few items not previoulsy mentioned.

8G ES V6

Pros: Pretty decent acceleration, good cruising power, good looking body style, good FRONT cabin ergonomics, lots of std features, great value for your $, .

Cons: Really wide turning radius, A/C could be stronger/quieter, too soft in turns, requires at least mid-grade gas, everything about the BRAKES (have only replaced with standard pads/rotors, several times, but ever since first replacement, squeal, squeal, and more squeal. techs says "thats the way it is with these metal pads..." + weak, fade, shimmy...etc, etc)

Still, overall, I've been very pleased, all things considered.

Cheers,
    KB

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12