The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 8G Galant Computer question

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4
    Experienced TGC Member

8G Galant Computer question

Ok, I've been reading all the reviews online about our kickass 8G's. And I noticed on some websites, they mentioned that the computer conforms to the driving style. I was wondering if this means that my cars computer will "learn" my driving style, and remeber this information.

In general I have lead feet. Does this mean that my cars computer tunes itself for more racing type of shifting?

in a way, yes. it'll adjust it's shifting patterns to your style of driving.
    From Boost Addicts to Carbon Fanatics™ www.socalautowerks.com

Censee: Im trying to pimp some hoes for money for the lsd. 3/28/2011
    Cali: Sig 3/28/2011

Experienced TGC Member
    Awsome, but you said in a way. Im guessing this computer is not quite perfect and is NOT a substitute for the manual trans we all crave? Or is it? thanks

Senior TGC Member
    It is not a substitute for a manual transmission. Only in a stick can you truly be master of the car...and also seriously mess things up if you don't know what you're doing (like me going straight into 5th at a stop in a new M3...don't ask how it happened). Automatics are the safest trannies cause the computer controls everything. Just ask any Lexus IS300 sportshift owner. It's all just an illusion.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison