The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: guages under the a/c unit

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

guages under the a/c unit

where can i find, or how do i make something that would hold 3 guages where that little bin is under the air conditioning controls. i have seen others with this but i couldnt find anything in the forums about it.

thanks for any help
    -Travis

My Car

i know sunpro makes somethign that might fit there. haven't tried it. but for most people its just cutting out a rectangle out of wood or plexiglass something and then putting 3 holes for the guages.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

hmmm... i think i have some blueish plexiglass somewhere. i could use that, put the guages in and then light up behind it. too rice? i dunno, sounds different and new to me.
    -Travis

My Car

b-boy_sky

I bought a piece of acrylic from home deopt then used a drill bit (2.5" I think) that cuts circles. It was clear acrylic so I used some black vynil to cover it up. The acrylic sits between the bottom compartment and the wood trim.....although the better way would probably be to drill holes in the acrylic and screw it in where the compartment was screwed into....

Don't put any lights in there niether.....you might make the wires noticable....

Tiptronic
    what kind of guage is that you have in your

b-boy_sky
    it's an air/fuel gauge.....

Why not move the Radio to the Bottom and mount the gauges ot teh top like Matt did. I wanna say he used some kinda ABS plastic to temp. fix it to the bezel
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

b-boy_sky
    one of the galant members here in AZ did that so I just wanted to be different.......

Tiptronic
    what else can i keep track of that isnt on the guage cluster already. makes no sense to me to keep track of stuff that already being tracked

Quote Originally Posted by Hourglass113
    what else can i keep track of that isnt on the guage cluster already. makes no sense to me to keep track of stuff that already being tracked
    oil temperature
    oil pressure
    water temperature (the one in your cluster doesn't say shit)
    volt
    air fuel
    time guage.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Tiptronic
    thanks allan. i want to do something like that for the looks of it, but would make no sense if they didnt work properly