The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: got coilovers/lowered - CAN'T STAND BOUNCINESS

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 45
    You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar

got coilovers/lowered - CAN'T STAND BOUNCINESS

well, i got coilovers off ebay, and the ride is super low and handles like a dream. but its bouncy as shit. i'm assuming i need shocks (i'm not a suspension guy). does anyone know where i can get them for good prices, and what kind i should go with? thanks.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

get some KYB AGX struts and set it to bout 2 and u'll have a stiffer ride

Experienced TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(En Y Ce Trini)</div><div class='quotemain'>get some KYB AGX struts and set it to bout 2 and u'll have a stiffer ride</div>

Yup That's the only way I can see to compensate for "Ebay" coils.
    [b]<span style='color:blue'>Wes</span>
    The true path to enlightenment is Here
    <-Check it out Maz
    My 7g

[b]<span style='color:darkred'>ClubTGC Shidoshi-Kai Fellowship</span>

brandon
    Coilovers = trash.

Sell the coilovers and get springs!

Even aftermarket struts won't help the coils.

gr-2's are also very nice
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

HiperSilver
    coilovers do equal shit

i have skunk2 and agx and i could stand it..got eibach prokit now and i love it

but with coilovers i thuink the eclipse coilovers gave me the shtity ride because of different spring/load ratings

Experienced TGC Member
    [quote="brandon"]Coilovers = trash.
    quote]

Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by krazienluv10
    gr-2's are also very nice
    Nah man, those ebay coils will blow GR-2's in a matter of months in all likelyhood.
    <-Check it out Maz
    My 7g

phizz2k
    when you say ebay coilovers...are those the dropzone, slamcoilovers, or springtech coils that are selling on ebay??

Experienced TGC Member
    Yeah all 3.
    <-Check it out Maz
    My 7g

Initial -G-host
    How low are you guys setting the height when you have your coil-overs? The lower you go...you will have a bouncy ride, its just a factor you have to sacrifice. The guys running Eibach Pro Kits, Sprint, etc lowering springs lower the car, but enough where there is wheel travel, thus....a more less "bouncy ride". Since the wheel has room to travel, the spring and strut/shock can absorb most of the energy. I have had the Eibach Pro Kit with KYB GR-2, and the ride was much comfortable, but then again, I had some wheel travel.Yes....quality of the spring is another factor, but most people with coil-overs that complain about a bouncy ride is because the height setting is probably so low (Why most people buy coil-overs, because the lower the car much more than lowering springs), the wheel has really not room to travel thus....your bouncy ride. Plain and simple....the more you lower you car, the more you sacrifice your ride quality.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    agreed
    7g for life!

Quote Originally Posted by HiperSilver
    coilovers do equal shit

i have skunk2 and agx and i could stand it..got eibach prokit now and i love it

but with coilovers i thuink the eclipse coilovers gave me the shtity ride because of different spring/load ratings
    well, i would have taken your path, but my budget recently went to shit, so now i'm trying to scrape by and just get the bounciness out for now.

1994 Galant GS 5spd

brandon
    I admit I was getting what I asked for when I had my car slammed, but that was expected...

It was after I raised the coils all the way up and still got the shitty/bouncy ride.

I'm gonna go with the Eibachs once I get my hands on some cash.

On a side note though... coilovers do have their benefits, adjustable ride height is definitely a big plus if you're a show-goer.

IllestGalant
    I don't know why you guys say coil overs are shit but I have the ground control with eibach springs and kyb struts and its dropped about 2 inches all around and the ride is mint. I am taking turns at speeds I never new possible. Freaking awesome. I was shocked at the difference it made. as for bumps. no problems here, even with the 8teens. Must be the michelins

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IllestGalant)</div><div class='quotemain'>I don't know why you guys say coil overs are shit but I have the ground control with eibach springs and kyb struts and its dropped about 2 inches all around and the ride is mint. I am taking turns at speeds I never new possible. Freaking awesome. I was shocked at the difference it made. as for bumps. no problems here, even with the 8teens. Must be the michelins </div>

totally agree, even without my struts and my bouncy-ass rice-like ride, i'm still take out boxsters on some turns out in the mountains, between the strut and sway bars and the car being 4 inches lower, its insane.

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Kain
    You must remember that the 7g Galant uses same/similar suspension geometry to that of the 2g Eclipse. People who own a 2g Eclipse will tell you that you cannot really lower them much at all before really sacrificing ride quality (no to mention handling performance) The strut rod is just too long. Now if you could find a company to specially make you a set of struts with shorter rods or even have an existing set disected and rebuilt with shorter rods you could have your low ride and stand it too. I think Koni struts can be shortened for better lowered ride. and your super expensive suspension systems (JIC or TIEN) also do a shorter rod length. Though, the Eibach Prokit + KYB struts (either GR-2 or AGX) is known to give a good ride while still lowering the car a bit. It's also a good value (my Pro kit was $170 and my GR-2's were $55 each)

Experienced TGC Member
    bla i had coilovers they blow, i lowered 1" and i was flyin in the air on every lil bump, with agx set on 6. said fuck it and pulledem off n cut my stock springs....nice n smoooooth now =D
    Rob
    --------------------------------------------
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    Yo Jip u are crazy as hell dude......but i like ya style 8)

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

Experienced TGC Member Blue Ice's Avatar
    <span style='color:blue'>so i'm hearing you guys say to go with eibach Pro kit, and G2's or Agx's. I was just wondering are any of these height adjustable to compensate for winter. Also what would be the cheapest place, ebay?</span>

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    if ur worried about height, dont get the eibach sport lines. they lower it too much, but the pro kit gives a nice drop that could be suffice for winter...
    7g for life!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast