The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: got coilovers/lowered - CAN'T STAND BOUNCINESS

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 45
    TurboGalant
    For the KYB AGX, where would be the cheapest place to go? I have found some rear struts for as low as $91 each. Is there a better deal out there?

brandon
    If I remember correctly the cheapest place to get em was tirerack.com

Experienced TGC Member Blue Ice's Avatar
    <span style='color:blue'>I was just looking on another post, and someone suggested that the skunk 2's would be ok. But i've heard more bad than good about them. I'm looking for a little lower ride, but some thing stiff. Then i'm also hearing people talk about rod travel and damper and that the AGX's would be better compensation for this.
    As you see by the avitar i need to get rid of some of the space between my tire and wheel hub. But i like this height for winter and snow.
    So i'm thinking that with the ground control and the AGX's, i'll be able to lower it in the summer, and raise for those dreary winter months.
    Am i close, or am i off. </span>

<span style='color:blue'>Alright peeps, tell me if this is right
    All prices are Tirerack.com
    Eibach pro kit x1 = 237
    Front camber kit x1 = 89
    Rear camber kit x1 = 93
    Rear AGX x2 = 196
    Front AGX x2 = 196

For a grand total of $811, before shipping
    And when looking at Nopionline, they are quoting basically the same price, some cases maybe a buck or two cheaper. but would probably pay more in the shipping from both places, rather than just going with one.
    Anyone know of a cheaper place or setup?
    </span>

brandon
    Get the Eibachs on ebay... everything else looks about right though.

I actually opted for Tokicos in the rear (about $80 each), and KYB GR2s in the front (about $60 or so each).

Not sure if that's an option for you or not.

I'm currently on Weapon R coilovers, will be switching to Eibachs shortly.

<span style='color:blue'>i take it, the Eibachs are universal?</span>

neonsigns
    Guys, I am a newbie and I need your opinions. I just bought a Ground Control coil-over. I know it has Eibach springs. Should I go with the coil-overs or can I just use the Eibach springs that come with the coil-over?

brandon
    The Eibachs are not really universal... but I know quite often there is one vendor/seller in particular that sells Eibachs for 94-98 Galant, I think for about $180 or so.

Did you search ebay yet for em? You'll want the pro-kit, search for "galant eibach" or "galant springs" or something to that extent and you should find em... hell I just realized I can search for you... these are the ones I'm going to get:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=2423056652

And I've never heard of Eibach springs coming with the Ground Controls... are you sure they're Eibachs neonsigns?

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    i thought ground controls came w/ eibach springs :?

for me, the pro kit wouldnt have lowered enough for my likings. i really like the drop the sport lines gave me but the drop that the h&r springs that 2true has is perfect!
    7g for life!

<span style='color:blue'>Well thanks to good ole seth. I found out i don't need the camber kits, unless i drop more than 3 inches. so - about $180. Found the set of four AGX's for 300 off Ebay, so - another $80. But for the adjustable hight i had to go with ground control Nopi price about 425. Ebay price 350..... no brainer Plus seth had a tutorial on how to do it myself. now i don't have to pay anyone. It went from looking like over a "G" to about 700 and a half days work.
    Now just have to take the time to do it this summer.

Gees you guys make me feel all funny inside ...... :barf: </span>

H&R Race Springs

2true has these, i really like the drop it gave him 8)

Wes: are you using a camber kit at all?
    7g for life!

neonsigns
    Guys, I am a newbie and I need your opinions. I just bought a Ground Control coil-over. I know it has Eibach springs. Should I go with the coil-overs or can I just use the Eibach springs that come with the coil-over
    Anyone?

u cant, thats just silly
    7g for life!

<span style='color:blue'>You'd want to use everything they give you. Othere wise why buy a full kit and only use half.
    Thanks Brandon for the link!!!!
    </span>

Quote Originally Posted by HiperSilver
    coilovers do equal shit

i have skunk2 and agx and i could stand it..got eibach prokit now and i love it

but with coilovers i thuink the eclipse coilovers gave me the shtity ride because of different spring/load ratings
    coilovers are NOT shit. cheap coilovers and cheap springs are shit. i've been riding around on ground controls with kyb's for 5 months and the ride is awesome no bouciness at all. those who have ground controls know what im talking about.
    From Boost Addicts to Carbon Fanatics™ www.socalautowerks.com

Censee: Im trying to pimp some hoes for money for the lsd. 3/28/2011
    Cali: Sig 3/28/2011

Quote Originally Posted by brandon
    The Eibachs are not really universal... but I know quite often there is one vendor/seller in particular that sells Eibachs for 94-98 Galant, I think for about $180 or so.

Did you search ebay yet for em? You'll want the pro-kit, search for "galant eibach" or "galant springs" or something to that extent and you should find em... hell I just realized I can search for you... these are the ones I'm going to get:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=2423056652

And I've never heard of Eibach springs coming with the Ground Controls... are you sure they're Eibachs neonsigns?
    and yes, ground controls come with Eibach springs...it says so right on them.
    From Boost Addicts to Carbon Fanatics™ www.socalautowerks.com

Censee: Im trying to pimp some hoes for money for the lsd. 3/28/2011
    Cali: Sig 3/28/2011

Quote Originally Posted by Cali
    Quote Originally Posted by HiperSilver
    coilovers do equal shit

i have skunk2 and agx and i could stand it..got eibach prokit now and i love it

but with coilovers i thuink the eclipse coilovers gave me the shtity ride because of different spring/load ratings
    coilovers are NOT shit. cheap coilovers and cheap springs are shit. i've been riding around on ground controls with kyb's for 5 months and the ride is awesome no bouciness at all. those who have ground controls know what im talking about.
    i have ground control!!! the best thing out there....
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

brandon
    No wonder everyone always rants about the Ground controls!! If I had known that from the get-go I would've just gone with them instead.

So, now that I know this... are the Eibach springs that come with the Ground Controls the sportline springs, the prokit springs, or a completely different spring altogether?

And... if I buy the Eibachs, can I use them with my Weapon R coilovers, and just swap the springs?

<span style='color:blue'>I just purchased the GC's for the AGX's today. Paid 375 Shipped off ebay. I looked and looked, and it was pretty much the best i could find. The AGX's were on Ebay for 300 plus 25 shipping, but i haven't bought those yet. </span>

<span style='color:blue'>Was anyone aware that they make GC's and AGX's for 94-98 galants? Well i found this out after talking to the people i'm buying them from. So the ones i'm getting are for the 7G specifically.</span>

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast