The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 2002 Gauge swap

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

2002 Gauge swap

Okay..I did my homework and went and did a search for my question and this is what I gather..can someone confirm?

I bought the Halo gauges for my '02 and I'm ready to install them...but as I look closer and closer...It doesn't seem to have a gauge bezel like I see in the tutorial. Am I nuts or what? If this is true...will I need to buy a new bezel, if so...other than the wiring...how does it all get put together? Thanks for any help on this. :?:
    "No matter what you do, look good doing it!"

Rare Elementz "What makes you stand out?"

ur gonna need a new gauge cluster... the old model frame like the ones u see on the 99 00 and i think 01.... hopefully dat helps
    Diego

I believe all you have to buy is a bezel for a 99-01
    you can pick this up on Ebay
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

OKay that's what I thought...cool. But I guess my last dumb question is do I mount the gauges on the new bezel some how or do go ahead and mount them onto the existing OEM bezel and then put my new bezel (that I now have to order) over it?

As a side question...I have a tan interior and I am thinking about putting a brushed aluminum dash kit in. Anyone know how this might look? I currently have the factory platinum trim which I can't friggin stand!

i can answer the 1st quesiton being that when u have the reuglar gauge bezel... put the new guauge on top hook em up and ur done! hopefuly someone else can help u with the other qustion
    Diego

I think you just mount the guages on your stock guages, and then instead of putting in your bezel you install the new one on top of the guages
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

hey i put my gauges in and i have a 2002 also you will need a bezel and i had to glue my bezel to the black plastic piece in the cluster. the bezels are easy to find on Ebay thats where i got mine
    Team Captain for Valvoline/Eagle One

Awesome...alright thanks everyone. What sucks now is that I have to wait another week for the bezel to get here.

Any comments from anyone on how brushed aluminum would look on tan interior?

i got the alum. one as weel and it looks great with any interior
    Team Captain for Valvoline/Eagle One

Cool, Thanks....I think it'll look fine.

Mod can lock this topic.