The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: How do you remove the center vent?

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

How do you remove the center vent?

i want to take the center vent off.

i took the side ones off no problem. is there a certain trick to release them like the side ones. i tried 2 flatheads and it moved a little. but i don't want to break it. i tried for a good 10 minutes. thanks for any help.
    2001 I4 White ES
    Injen intake
    Arospeed bomb
    Magnecore wires
    Denso iridiums
    Gdi stb
    Alpine cd
    polk components
    2 alpine 10s
    2003 17inch eclipse gt rims
    Yokohama tires

when i took my center vents out, my bezel around the radio was already out. there are tabs on the bottom of the vent and i believe the top also. but yea, i had the head unit out too so i just pushed the tabs on the bottom of the vent and the bottom end came out. then i wrestled the top part out.

there might be an easier way, but thats the way i did it.

if you are gonna pry from the outside, be careful, you don't want to damage the vinyl on the dash.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

There's clips on all four corners. Wrap a screwdriver in a rag and pry from the front. Keep in mind that the Flasher switch is connected, so that will also add some resitance. It will disconnect, just keep pulling. You'll feel like it's going to break, then it will free up. Like Allan Said, just be careful of your dash.
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

Yeah, that center vent was a bitch to get out. I pryed it out with a long thin screwdriver wrapped in felt. You aren't trying to take just the vent trim out, but part of the vent ducting with it. I was trying for a while to just get the trim part off, but realized it wasn't possible and pulled the ducting out with it. The ducting that comes out with it is very short.

I was finally able to get mine off, I thought I broke it at first and kind of panicked for a little bit. I tore some of the skin off my thumb in the process, but I can finally fix the cracked vent!

How did you do it i keep trying but cant get it