The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Louder Blow Off Valve

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9
    Benzo.

Louder Blow Off Valve

I Have A 91' Galant Vr-4. I Took Off The Rubber Tube From The Intake To The BOV and Covered Up The Hole On My Intake Tube And Now The BOV Is Extremely Loud But Now My Idle Starts To Trip Alot. Is This Bad For My Engine, Should I Just Keep The Tube On. Or Is There Anything I Can Do To Keep It Off And Enjoy That Beautiful BOV Sound. I Just Wants Some Comments Or Maybe Someone Else Has Done It And Can Skool Me.

Rasko Da Gama
    Hey Benzo, welcome to the board... there are not many GVR4 owners up-here.
    Anyway, I think that the best information for your Galant VR-4 you'll get on that site:
    www.galantvr4.org

Good luck with your car

ken inn
    the reason your engine dies is because air that is expelled from the bov has already been counted by the mas, and fuel has been added to compensate for it. when the bov lets go, the motor goes real rich, and kills it. if you havent figured it by now, this is not good for the motor. if you want to vent the bov to atmosphere, you need a vpc, maf translator, or some aftermarket bov. or, what i did was get a dejon intake tube, which shortens the mas to turbo path, and then you can really hear the bov letting go. personally, i dont care for a loud bov. i like to keep what i got under the hood private.

Benzo.
    Koo koo... Appreciate The Knowledge and The Greetings... Ima Look Into That Ken Inn... And Thanks For The Site Rasko Da Gama... Helpful... I Just Register With Galantvr4.org

venting the blow off valve to the atmosphere is not smart. you will lose performance AND drivability.

ken inn
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(manybrews)</div><div class='quotemain'>venting the blow off valve to the atmosphere is not smart. Â*you will lose performance AND drivability.</div>

oh, oh, but it sounds so cool. oh, oh. like i said, i would rather no one know what i got under the hood. i removed all my badges, i see all these people getting a vr4 badge, i tossed mine. right now, i am looking for a read deck lid with no spoiler. i got no fart can on the muffler, just a plain old single pipe coming out.

EvoSix
    Stealth like ninja . Get a MAFT, then u can vent atmosphere like i am.

orangbaligila
    Quote Originally Posted by EvoSix
    Stealth like ninja . Get a MAFT, then u can vent atmosphere like i am.
    ...or go the whole hog like me,... upgrading the ECU to a standalone unit that has MAP (manifold absolute pressure) reading capability, now i can throw that restrictive MAF sensor away,... hehehe... oh yeah,... for even louder BOVs try Australian made BOVs they are really loud "whoossssh" instead of "psssh"

1312VR4
    I have a HKS ssqv.. no "noticable" problem's.
    You can always modify the 1g BOV to make it even louder coupled that with the intake like Ken inn has :scary: