The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: swap parts???

Showing results 1 to 16 of 16
    KrisGalant97es

swap parts???

Does anyone know what performance parts that are made for the eclipse will bolt right up to our engines? Like intake manifolds, headers, pulley kits, etc. I'm hoping not swap my engine and just keep our great 2.4 SOHC lol. If not I'll just have to swap for a 4g63t.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    lots of parts, try a search? we need some stickies

headers from the 4g63 and the 4g64 spyder will fit, but not any intake manifolds
    7g for life!

Experienced TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth)</div><div class='quotemain'>lots of parts, try a search? we need some stickies

headers from the 4g63 and the 4g64 spyder will fit, but not any intake manifolds</div>

I need some clarification... does that mean that aftermarket headers for the 4g63 will fit?
    [b]<span style='color:blue'>Wes</span>
    The true path to enlightenment is Here
    <-Check it out Maz
    My 7g

[b]<span style='color:darkred'>ClubTGC Shidoshi-Kai Fellowship</span>

maybe in confused(pretty sure i am)
    7g for life!

the headers will fit. the downpipe is another issue.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Mindless
    There is also a pulley kit available for the spyder that will fit our cars.

I'll try and find the link.

Experienced TGC Member
    pretty much everything sept intake manifold will bolt onto the sohc. If you wanna get ballsy then you can even slap on a 2.0 DOHC head on the 2.4block.

headers will fit, turbo manifolds, turbos, lightned pullys, suspension kits, radiators, throttlebodies, cyl heads...

thats about everything i can think of right now..
    Rob
    --------------------------------------------
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

xero260
    i think i may be missing something here, but you want parts from an eclipse? some of the parts you asked for are available for galants...check www.visionimports.com and http://www.rpw.com.au/... unless im completely missing the point, and you really just like to use eclipse parts.

Experienced TGC Member
    If they are made for an eclipse they are usualy cheaper to buy because its more in demand. The same part made specificaly for a galant is usualy overpriced. Eitherway the galant and eclipse share a ton of the same characteristics, suspension geometry, engine parts, engine mount locations for swaps, shifters, strut bars, etc etc

Its much easier to find eclipse parts anyway especialy on ebay.
    Rob
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

brandon
    So you're saying that the header here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=2418255242

will fit? Then I would need a custom downpipe, right?

yup, u'll need a shop to modify that downpipe to fit ur car, make sure its a 4g63 header and not a 420a

brandon
    Anyone know much the custom work on the downpipe would cost?

I'm thinking you can buy the Eclipse header much cheaper because they're obviously more mass produced, but the customizing may add up to the cost of buying the RPW header??

Then again, the custom downpipe couldn't be much more than like an hour of labor I assume...

Experienced TGC Member
    just grab an eclipse downpipe with the header.
    Rob
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

Livn2sk8
    I see and understand what everyone is saying in here, but a "7G" isn't just a SOHC. I am fortunate enough to own a 2.4L DOHC, and was wondering the same question on what is compatible with " MY " engine. Also, I'm looking for a short shifter, anyone know of one that will fit my car? stock height is just a few inches too tall for me. Let me know, and thank you very much

you are lucky man(BTW you have a 94 gs ) cause your DOHC head is pretty much the same head thats on the turbo eclipse. so im pretty sure all eclipse head internals will work 8)
    7g for life!

Experienced TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Livn2sk8)</div><div class='quotemain'>I see and understand what everyone is saying in here, but a "7G" isn't just a SOHC. I am fortunate enough to own a 2.4L DOHC, and was wondering the same question on what is compatible with " MY " engine. Also, I'm looking for a short shifter, anyone know of one that will fit my car? stock height is just a few inches too tall for me. Let me know, and thank you very much</div>

The infamous 94 DOHC i thought it was a myth. Dude a 7g for all practicle purposes is sohc. I cant even find a 94 GS anywhere in a junkyard in ny. This website said the 94 galants only 1% where dohc. Either way it still swaps with eclipse parts so, "YOUR" engine is still compatible with everyone being writtin here...
    Rob
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon