The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Headlight

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5
    Aztec

Headlight

I'm trying to take off my right side headlight and i can only find 3 bolts. Where's the 4th one. i need better lighting in this garage. i can't see much in here.

One last question ( unrelated ) I'm checking out my hoses ( stock ) and i'm seeing another layer of rubber covering some sections of the hose. Does this extra layer serve a purpose?

there are 4 bolts. 2 near the grille, one on top and one near the turn signal

as for that hose, it shouldn't be seperating lol...

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

That extra layer of hose serves as a heat shield for those hoses that come close to the manifold and other hot parts. In the case of the fuel lines, you'll see a clear covering that's supposed to do the same thing. If you replace any lines, I'd suggest replacing that shielding. I reused it when I installed my silicone hoses. Just slip the original hose out of it and then slip it ovewr the replacement hose.

Chip
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

Aztec
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishboy55
    That extra layer of hose serves as a heat shield. I reused it when I installed my silicone hoses. Just slip the original hose out of it and then slip it ovewr the replacement hose.

Chip
    Aren't silicone hoses better for high temp than rubber? Thanks for the info guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Aztec
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishboy55
    That extra layer of hose serves as a heat shield. I reused it when I installed my silicone hoses. Just slip the original hose out of it and then slip it ovewr the replacement hose.

Chip
    Aren't silicone hoses better for high temp than rubber? Thanks for the info guys.
    yea but chip just put his on anyways for like an extra layer of protection...

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.