The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Swap help

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

Swap help

OK guys just purchased my 4g63T and all i need is a tranny and all the other accessories such as the ECU. Now if i get an automatic tranny off a 1g eclipse would it work with my engine, would the tranny slip if im putting a 16G turbo? and what do i need from wire to everthing else to get this swap going?

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    you need either a 2g 5spd or auto or 5spd from a galant, 1g trannies will not work in our cars. if you get a 2g 5spd it should be able to handle the 16g pretty well. is the 4g63t a 6bolt? if not, say hello to your enemey "Mr. CrankWalk"...
    7g for life!

Dark Anghell
    Don't forget to get complete wiring harness for the ECU. I would also suggest replacing all of your engine mounts since the engine is out. For the tranny...go with a 5-speed swap. You will need extra 400 bucks in parts or so, but your car will be able to handle more HP and no worries about tranny messing up.

There was a person on Galantspeed who did a 5-speed swap, and he said that all of the holes are marked allready, you just need to either cut them out or just break the welds.

For wiring harness you can either check out DSM Trader or E-bay, usually DSM Trader people can screw you over. Another good place is mitsubishigraveyard.com

help

but if i bolt a 2g auto eclipse tranny, it would handle the turbo without sliping right

Experienced TGC Member
    i think the 2gs are the ones that crank walk not the 1gs....or the other way around?
    Rob
    --------------------------------------------
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

Dark Anghell
    yes 4g63T from 1st gen eclipses are good, and 2nd gen have the crank-walk problem, that can be fixed thanks to magnus mototrend.

Experienced TGC Member
    Why bother fixing, 1g had all better parts anyway. Just rebuild =D
    Rob
    --------------------------------------------
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

8ggalant
    i think he's talkin about the 1g n a 2g swap

swap

what would be the problem if i dont get a 6bolt and when i want to fit the engine do i have to make special mounts for it?? fuck this seems like one hell of a job.

swap

hi, can anyone tell me what is the crank walk???? i have no clue what that is.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse
    crank walk which is caused by the inefficent oil passages in the 7 bolt versions. The 7 bolts have smaller passages coming off the main journals and can easily get clogged up, then the lack off oil causes the crank to develop play over time, side to side play which is called crank walk. Crank walk = new crank and rebuilt motor = not cool
    7g for life!