The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Hood

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8
    Zander

Hood

is there a web site or anyone who sells custom hoods for the 7g thanks.

no but you can buy a carbon fiber for for about 500 shipped

hood

<span style='font-size:30pt;line-height:100%'>H</span>as anyone ever tried to install struts in the hood so we could do away with the prop-rod? I wanna do this but wouldn't wanna experiment with the mounting points so if anyone out there did this, please advise..

Experienced TGC Member
    If I did it, I would go all out and install actuator's instead. Then I would install a button and a power supply, then when I want to pop the hood... .just hit the button and "shhhhhhht" it would open.

Have to figure the hood clasp though, that's the only thing holding me back.
    [b]<span style='color:blue'>Wes</span>
    The true path to enlightenment is Here
    <-Check it out Maz
    My 7g

[b]<span style='color:darkred'>ClubTGC Shidoshi-Kai Fellowship</span>

im planning on customizing my hood at my friends shop... gonna put a little scoop, nothing to dramatic hopefully ill get done with it by august...
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

Zander
    Is there a hood insert or a very good looking scoop out there.

Quote Originally Posted by 2True
    If I did it, I would go all out and install actuator's instead. Then I would install a button and a power supply, then when I want to pop the hood... .just hit the button and "shhhhhhht" it would open.

Have to figure the hood clasp though, that's the only thing holding me back.
    You'd have to have a cable(or electronic release) for the safety latch. If you do it electronicaly, you could get it all to work together. Also, don't forget a pressure sensor so you don't accidentaly bend(or in CF Hoods, break) the hood.

First one: Red 88 - 245whp/312wtq - HIN: Nightshift - Chicago '07 WINNER
    Second one: Durban 88 - Buckskin - SHP - Auto - Sold to more capable hands
    Next one: White 84 flatty - t3/t4 - VELNAS - More to come

"...Remember: Don't crush 'em, restore 'em!"

cruising60

scoop for 7g

i found a hood scoop I liked from the following site, http://www.ultimateautoaccessories.com/Mer...uct_Code=*80004

I'm new to this forum but as soon as I can I will submit pics of my g. In the mean time I will email a picture to you.[/img]