The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: V6 owners.

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

V6 owners.

Those of you with a V6 is the piping for your exhaust 2.5 or 2.25 stock?
    I know a newbie question but I have a I4 and ours is 2.25.

Jason

www.edelhausrottweilers.com

Drama? I handle 150lb rotties all day, I can handle your drama...

I have some time tomorrow and will probably be under the car, lol. I'll try to remember to measure it. If no one has a response by then.

[size=10]<span style='color:white'>. . . .</span>

Senior TGC Member
    I think both 4 cylinder and 6 cylinder models came in 2.25, at least my V6 was 2.25.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

Rallifan is correct. Both I4 and V6 have standard 2.25 inch piping from the manifold back to the muffler.

Chip
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

Today I took out my tape measure and went under to get measurements. it was 7" in circumference and when you divide by PI, you get close to 2.25". I eyeballed it and it was definitely closer to 2.25 and no where near 2.5". I also measured the AMSS DP and that is the same too. Guess the shiny pipe led me to believe it was bigger but not so. Now if you look at the catback piping, it looks massive but that's the resonator. And when you follow the catback to the flange where it meets the main cat, it actually tapers to 2.25" right at the flange.

So looks like 2.25" piping is sufficient even for V6's and I'm happy with that size. I know there are still others that would like the 2.5" piping though.

BTW, I measured the exhaust tip and sure enough, it is just over 2"...... like 2 1/16" so that is really restrictive and they are right about the Eclipse GT exhaust being slightly bigger (probably keeping it all 2.25" down to the tip).

[size=10]<span style='color:white'>. . . .</span>

Senior TGC Member
    The part that gets me though is people often say that the cat-back is not mandrel bent, but when I took a look at it I didn't see any sign of decrease in diameter due to bending.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

Thanks everyone. Those of you that are wondering why I asked this check this post out if you have not seen it.

http://www.tgc-forums.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1152

Jason

www.edelhausrottweilers.com

Drama? I handle 150lb rotties all day, I can handle your drama...