The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Top Speed

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 41
    oldchevron62

Top Speed

This is a question is that i always wanted to know the answer to.

What is the top speed of a stock galant with a I4 and V6.
    I had my 01 ES at 117mph listening to Metallica's New cd St.Anger (Track 2) just the other day.

Fuel cutoff on the V6 is 128. I've hit it. On the I-4, I think the sky's the limit.
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishboy55
    Fuel cutoff on the V6 is 128. I've hit it. On the I-4, I think the sky's the limit.
    My I-4 has no fuel cut-off, had the computer re-programmed.. I've seen 130+mph, and watch the tack keep moving, but who really knows..
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

m1k3 r0ck3t
    Well, on my way back from Memphis (to New Orleans) a couple weeks ago, I was cruising at 115. My wife was cool with the speed...so I pushed it. I got just past 120ish and it cut the fuel back!

escoson
    i got up to around 120 then slowed down cuz i saw a car about to back out of a driveway. the road is rt537 and about 40 miles long and just str8 the whole time

wo0t 400th post!

i hit 120 on my way back from Atlantic City, ,on Route 30,, and my Fuel got cut of,,,,

AkA K h O p A r I.

I Am back BitcheZzZ

is there any way to avoid the fuel cutoff for the V6 galants? after all should we harness the power of the V6

Senior TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gladiator
    is there any way to avoid the fuel cutoff for the V6 galants? after all should we harness the power of the V6
    I dunno you could try to switch the ECU out with an Eclipse...I know of Stratus owners that did that.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

Ollpen
    136 MPH top.

-99 G 2.0 EXE - All standard :oops:

99's don't have a governor I have an i4 02 and the fuel cuts off around 115.
    -Nathan
    member of Team DNA
    www.dnaracing.net

TWISTED II
    i dunno what i was doing, it hit fuel cutoff though, lol. prolly about 125 or so. chasing a stupid type-R. which i then found out was an integra with badges and a wing, cuz i beat it, haha.

120mph for me but i stopped cuz the car really was shimmying like crazy, and the highway i was on is always extremely windy so it was making me sway.
    2002 Galant ES - I4, Viynl Interior by P
    Pioneer AVH-P5700 DVD, RF P4004, RF P8002, 2-Infinity 12" Perfect 12.1DV Subs
    Lightning Audio Digital Capacitor
    Infinity Speakers,GTZ Spoiler, Ractive E-brake, Chrome Door Handles, CF Armrest
    Freedom Design Strut Bar, Cleared Corners
    KUMHO 711 Tires, CF Interior Trim

snipe99
    hey escoson wanna try for some speeds if u go down sweetmans lane into milestone there is a good 2 mile straight no one drives on it. me and a few friends broke 125 in his beemer the other night.

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    I've topped out at like 135 -140 easy.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    no limit on 7Gs...
    too bad it doesn't need one, too slow to move
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

yea about 7G's, what does that top out at?

Yup,

2002 ES - 115mph I had a picture posted here a while back
    2005 TGC Fantasy Football Champ III
    http://www.Gencoupe.com/garage/3337

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(josh_877)</div><div class='quotemain'>yea about 7G's, what does that top out at?</div>

i've gotten mine up to 120, after 115 the acceleration got really really slow, i'm sure if i would've had the room, i could've pushed it higher htan 120, but a fucking van quarter mile ahead swerved into my line. most races i do on the highway i get up to about 110-115 and the other guy realizes he's getting his ass kicked and backs off
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

~ 110 on stock suspension. If your not lowered this can get VERY scary when you hit some bumps on the freeway.

~ 120 w/ current setup. To scared to take it any higher. Plus didnt have the V1... 8)
    2001 Galant I4 Dover Pearl

Mods:
    Injen CAI
    GC Coilovers
    18x8.5 ADR M-Classics
    225/40HR Kumho Ectsa Supra's
    Nokya H4 Headlights
    Clear Corners
    Reverse Indiglo Guages

Soon to Come...
    Apexi N-1 Exhaust
    x2 JL Audio W6 Subs

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Gladiator)</div><div class='quotemain'>is there any way to avoid the fuel cutoff for the V6 galants? after all should we harness the power of the V6 </div>

umm.. i've driven at 128mph in my galant and there really is no need to go any faster... actually i've been in a diablo at close to 160mph and it is not even close to being fun; i almost closed my eyes and pissed my pants out of fear. if anybody is racing someone on a public road over 120mph they are insane and i don't wanna b in the same state; now on the track is a different story where you don't have cars going more than 50mph slower in your way... that would b the only reason to disable the limiter.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wolfman)</div><div class='quotemain'>99's don't have a governor Â*I have an i4 02 and the fuel cuts off around 115.</div>

maybe fed spec '99 v6's don't have limiters... but i have verified the limiter on my cali spec '99 v6 multiple times (i have about est. 225hp to the flywheel) and it is there at 128mph; the car goes to almost an idle and will not respond to throttle input until it slows down to about 115mph... it is extremely scary when the fuel cut hits, just like ur car "dies" at 128mph but you still have steering and brake control.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast