The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: "Orange Bleeding" for Gauges

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

"Orange Bleeding" for Gauges

Is there any way to get rid of the bleeding of the orange light from the AC reverse gauges, besides turning the dimmer switch all the way down. I can't see the damn radio lights, etc. Could I just put construction paper around the edges?? I have the gauges out of my car now.
    Oh yeah, I did a search but didn't find anything useful.

I WANNA KNOW THAT SAME QUSTION!!! i dont like the yellow around my gauges... i thought maybe buying the blue bulbs or w.e but i rather just take all the light out!
    Diego

Supernova
    Take the bulbs out for the stock guages. @_@

That or get some black construction paper and cut it to fit over the stock guages and under the new ones.

I tried to cut them out of black construction paper, but I got to pissed. Also, I'm running out of black paper :x I couldn't cut them correctly and was second guessing myself alot, so I just put the gauges back in and I'll work on it next time. It's a bitch taking them in and out, just making sure I don't lose those golden screws. Take the bulbs out, I never thought of that, would have been the simplest idea, huh...but I want to keep them in there incase something happens to my ACs.

Jeff
    if you take out the bulbs for the gauges...your needles won't light up. just a warning.

J
    you know what. it's not so much that the light is bleeding around the edges.

after looking at it for a long time, i noticed the light from the stock bulbs is filtering through the guage face itself cuz it's so thin at the edges and you can see the light through there.

what i did was use black electrical tape and i covered all the edges on the stock gauge face. like the numbers. but even with that there's still a tiny bit of light. tiny. it's much better than before.

i think another idea would be...since the glo gauges are thin and don't have that dark backing(as in the middle of the guage) on the edge, what you could do is put some black electrical tape on the backside of the glo guage face...concentrating on the edge.

you'll know what i mean when you flip the glo guage over and check the edges it's thinner there.

putting black tape there will help in any case to absorb light that's trying to get through the face.

good luck! 8)