The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Help.. Need rim & tire size advice real quick..please

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8
    2003galantes

Help.. Need rim & tire size advice real quick..please

OK i went out today and put money down on some rims i want. I ordered motegi MR4 in gunmetal.I have a titanium galant es i4 with titanium gray leather interior and dark smoke 20% tint. I beleive these rims will look real perfect on the car cause the colors of the titanium and gunmetal match almost perfect. the only problem im getting uneasy about the size i picked. I ordered a 17x7 rim w/ toyo proxes fz4 225/45/17 tires. Im going for the tite look where the wheels and the top wheel well are like 1/2" space and i want the front and rear to both be flush on the outside fender. i saw a pic from Dave@SE's Galant and i love the way his look in the front but i want the rears to be flush with the fender. should i get a different size tire in the rear ?are 17" gonna be to small? i plan on getting coilover to adjust the gap even ( the flush wheel and wheel well look) but now im debating on maybe i should have ordered 18's instead..I need some feedback as fast as possible from anybody out there as im gonna try to get back with the shop to change it if neccessary. anybody know what that car had on the front and rear Daves silver galant from jersey. If ya guys have any pics also that will help me out tremendous ...thanx in advance

p.s. Yes, ive searched and still cant figure out the perfect combo to be flush on the outside with the fender and have a nice tite look in the wheel well withot having a huge amount of tire to take away from the rim.

8ggalant
    well dave's runnin 19's that helps and hes on coilovers too i have had 17 and now i have 18s and i think the gap is ok...check out my pics...on the 17s i had 215 40s and on my 18s i have 215 35s but if u go with 18s id say stay with the 40 series tires..also if you want yer car to be fast (turbo) try to get the lightest wheel possible even if u get 17s and 18s my .02 cents

2003galantes

Thanx for helping me out.. The rims weigh 23 lbs..and they are 17x7 motegi mr4..the tires they said to get was 215/45/17..will 215/40/17 look better? do you have any pics?..i want 18's but the moneys more and well if i end up going turbo in a bit i think they would be make me slower than the 17 cause added weight. im definatlry gonn slam them. but i may have to put spacers in the rear to make them flush with the fender cause the rear fenders look to be wider .what do ya think..Marco

8ggalant
    i personally am goin with 225 40s when i replace my tires to see pics juss click my www the alloy rims were 17s with 215 45 17 in front and 235 40 17 in rear....the aluminum rims are 18s with 215 35 18 tires ...way to thin a wall IMO ...its really up to u but aloota guys with 17 and 18s are run 215 or 225 40s on there cars a far as the spacers, whats the offset of the rims u have...i cant remember what i have but if u search the board 4 the right offset to have u can find it...hope this helps

225/45-17's are the best tire to go with. As far as having the flush look, you are only going to achieve that with lowering springs or coilovers. Your best bet is coilovers though. 18's would look nicer, but your better off saving some money with 17's and getting some ground control coilovers and KYB AGX front struts and rear shocks. Unless you can buy that and still afford 18's.

2003galantes
    Thanx everybody for helping me out. You guys rock...I decided to go with the 215/45/17 ,i was thinking about the 225/45/17 but i heard the 215 will give the rims more of a flush look than the 225 as they will bulge out a little (which is good to protect the rim) ..Im definately getting coilovers..But WHich is honestly the best for ride quality and price? and where can i get a good deal for them. My rims are a 40 offset the guy said..he said he charges 150 for the coilovers install if you have your own ..I was told buy the guy at the tire place that in order to make the rear rim flush with the fender ill need spacers there.Thanx for the help..Marco

If your rims are a +40mm offset, then you don't want any spacers. When you lower the car, there is a slight risk of tire rub in the rear on the fender. Especially if you get spacers.

Also, 225/45/17" tires would give you more tire to ride on. Less chance of messing up the rims and a slightly smoother ride.

8ggalant
    yea bro i fucked up a rim cuz of these fuckin skinny ass 215s :evil: :cry:
    will post pics sooner or later...ne way i agree 225s wouldve been better...but hey thats jus my opinion...im sure u'll luve em