The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: I took of 1.1 sec of my time at the tracks 1 more to go help

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 32 of 32
    :twisted: My launching is good I myself believe burningout on street tires work my time prooves it and this friday I wanna get at least a half second faster :twisted:

try adding some stickers... that will motivate u to go faster....
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    pull ur power steering and air conditioner :lauging:

try regular maintenance, clean the tb and intake mani, use some fuel injector cleaner and so on
    7g for life!

Dark Anghell
    The problem with burning up is that you drive THROUGH the burnout spot. It's great that your front tires are heated up and sticky, but after you drive out of the burnout spot you go over the water with your rear wheels, so now you have that extra weight on your rear wheels.

But removing power steering belts would work great. Also you can get your balance shaft removed that should give you about 5-10hp.

redboy
    oh nd a ghetto wahy to stiffin your bak springs for the moment is to put like a rubber blok or something to keep the spring from collapsing so much. but i wouldnt recomend keepin it there, just a cheap way to keep the weight of your car on the front tires better.....

BEAST
    I don't think that you need to take off your bodykit. The whole kit probably weights about the same if not lighter than the stock bumpers, including the bumper reinforcers. Seth and Pavel bring up a good point though. Take off your power steering belt. AC won't help since you don't run with it on anyway. Definatly lighter weight wheels too. Oh yea remember to cover you tires if you can from the sun so it doesn't heat them too much

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BEAST)</div><div class='quotemain'>I don't think that you need to take off your bodykit. Â*The whole kit probably weights about the same if not lighter than the stock bumpers, including the bumper reinforcers. Â*Seth and Pavel bring up a good point though. Â*Take off your power steering belt. Â*AC won't help since you don't run with it on anyway. Â*Definatly lighter weight wheels too. Â*Oh yea remember to cover you tires if you can from the sun so it doesn't heat them too much</div>

Have you ever drivin a car without a power steering belt? Its like trying to wrestle a bear, and who the hell has time to do that.. The AC welil yea you can pull that, but who really will if you dont have a drag car and your going just to test & tune like most people..
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

Plus he lives in LV, got to have that air!!
    Love,
    Matt

Time

take the body kit off and get some 13's with lo pro tires :jester:

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar

Re: Time

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jay95galants)</div><div class='quotemain'>take the body kit off and get some 13's with lo pro tires Â*:jester:</div>

HAHAH, i know guyz who have done that.. You can get a 13" rims though for a set of slicks.. I have a set and they work way better than you would think..
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

BEAST
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(HeadAche)</div><div class='quotemain'>Have you ever drivin a car without a power steering belt? Its like trying to wrestle a bear, and who the hell has time to do that.. The AC welil yea you can pull that, but who really will if you dont have a drag car and your going just to test & tune like most people..</div>
    I was just saying that when he runs his car at the track that he should take his power steering belt off. You are right though. My belt that controls my power steering pully and water pump pully broke one day and it was hard as hell to turn. I could notice better response in the car. And I was saying to just not mess with the ac. Sorry that was kinda confusing

fstrthnu
    The best time I ever got with just an intake and exhaust was 16.0. I think my trap speed was in the mid 80's. I was running 17's with 25 psi in them with the trunk gutted and leather back seat out. No race gas or anything special. And I agree with everyone else that burning out with radials doesn't help any...but I still do it anyway 8) ! Just for a couple secs though to clean them off. I've had a set of 15" nitto drags sitting in my garage collecting dust. Thinking of selling them b/c I've only used them once and it was the same day I had to tow my car home from the track b/c I fried the clutch.

I think with cam2 and a couple more runs the 15's would've been easy to get...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12