The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 4th new alternator!!

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4
    purpleopiate

4th new alternator!!

Hi, all! I need some help. My alternator has gone out now for the 4th time in the past 2 years. I took it to one place for the first 2, another place for the previous one, and now it needs a new one. Does anyone have any idea what could be going on? It's a 94 Galant ES, and she's been a great car, other than routine service, other than this. Any help would be appriciated.

:twisted: How do you know its your alt was the light on the dash on if I were you just buy the lifetime alt. and put it in yourself the only tools you need are a 12mm gearwrench or regular wrench and I think a 10mm for the pos. cable :twisted:

my suggestion is to NOT use shitty aftermarket rebuilt units, as they are all junk.
    use the factory alternator. that way, its warranteed for 12 months. Plus, the factory alternators are of a MUCH higher quality.

IllestGalant
    just my opinion because i have tried manybrews suggestion and this is what happened... my car stalled out when i was driving because the alternator wasn't charging. Put in a new alternator and charged the battery, everything was fine. the alternator cost me like 300 bucks and about 14 months later it went again. so They wouldn't cover it under warranty so I bough a 100amp alternator from pepboys, some cheesy ass aftermarket company and I used this alternator for two years now and my car has been glowing ever since, even with the stereo pumpin my lights don't blink anymore, the interior indiglo gauges glow brighter and have not had any problems. should it ever die, it is a lifetime warranyt and it was only 200 buck. I love mitsu and their parts but when it comes to an alternator they can go scratch!