The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Turn Signals, Left Side Only!

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10
    ccm84

Turn Signals, Left Side Only!

Hey guys, this is going to sound like a bulb going bad, but it isn't. I have replaced all the bulbs on the left side, no go, and even swapped them with the working right side to make sure.

Here is what happens, any time I put on my left blinker, my front and rear left blinkers click very fast. If I lock the car from the remote, it will blink 3 or 4 times while the other side only blinks 2. Anyone have an idea why? It happened right after I took out my front left blinker, and my left backup light. I replaced the default bulbs in them, and it still happens. If the wrong bulb was in the backup light, it shouldn't interfer with the blinker, or I wouldnt think.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Tiptronic
    you may have blown a fuse whil taking them out/putting them in.

try the fuse box inside the car first, and go through them. then the one under the hood. i'm sure its just a fuse

hey i hade the same problem where it clicks real fast. this is what i did u know the wires which lead to the back on the bumb push it in and try to get then lil twisty and tie it up. then your be all ready to go.
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

You got as bulb (probably an aftermarket in your turn signal) that isn't making contact. Take a jewler's screwdriver and pry up the brass contacts in the socket gently so they make better contact when you screw the bulb back in. This has happened about 100 times with aftermarket bulbs. It's a common problem...
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

ccm84

Still lost

It isn't the bulbs. I happened to have about 8 total I could swap back and forth, and they were all known working, and none did. I checked the fuses and couldn't find a bad one. If it was a fuse wouldn't it cause the problem on both blinkers? I found I have small cut in a backup light's cable, the cable doesn't cause a problem with the backup lights. Is there any way it can cause this problem?

It happened when I took out my rear left backup light to check to see if it had any corrosion, then did the same to my front left turn sig. They both are clean so there is no short or anything directly at them.

I know the turn signal should peak at around 12 volts, I am going to go test for this I guess to see if its a voltage loss prob.

Thanks for all the help so far!

I know it's not the bulbs, it's the sockets. Please re-read my post and you'll have the most likely cause of your problem. Trust me on this one...
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

ccm84

Hmmm

I put the stock bulbs back in, yes I saved them, and they do the same thing. I will try to do what you recommend in a few hours.

gost2002es
    Well, when I was installing my mirror turn signals, i had cut the black wire in the blinker wires and that cause the blinker to blink really fast. So maybe that wire came undone.

ccm84

Next problem

I got the running lights to come on, on the left side now. When I got them working, now none of the blinkers work. No blinking will go through from the remote, hazards, or turn signals. All the fuses check out as far as I can tell. I have quite a few wiring diagrams of the galant, but can't find the relays for the turn signals. Any chance I burned one out somehow? Anyone have an idea to test where the problem is?

ccm84

Sweet

Got it fixed almost, found that the plastic bulb holder has a broken part along the metal inside. Just gotta wait until tommorow to pick one up. Thanks for the help!