The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Motor Mounts

Showing results 1 to 19 of 19
    jayhood26

Motor Mounts

Three out of my Four motor mounts are no good so i have to get them replaced i was wondering if anyone has gone through this and if they do not mind me askin how much was it for the whole job

Got mine for about 100 fromt he dealer, got the front and the rear one. Didn't get the sides.

:twisted: I did 3 of mine exept the back one it was like 50 a piece but I had a hard time on the tranny one I had to cut the top of the bolt to get the mount out the pointy part of the bolt :twisted:

Livn2sk8
    My front tranny one was easy to do, only problem I had, was my socket slipped off the bolt, and the bolt fell INTO my frame....yeah, this sucked, took me about 30min. with a metal coat-hanger to get it out...

I want to fill the rest of them, I heard about some "Window Adhesive" or something. Does this really work? Any Pros/Cons? Is it good to go ahead and do ALL of your mounts? or would that make the engine too stiff, causing too much car vibration?

yeah the stuff is called window weld its made by 3m. I did this and was happy, little wheel hop but the vibration was increased, I could live with it though

I dont know if Ripp was making polyeurethane mounts for the 7g yet. Maybe contact them.
    Love,
    Matt

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    I would change em myself if i had the tools but it usually cost me 40-50 bux. Oh by the way since we are on the subject of motor mounts, check this out>>>>>>>>>>

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=2419705257 and this one

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=2419705796

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

Experienced TGC Member
    Very easy to get the mounts out, the back one takes a lil bit of twisting to make it come off but its an easy job. My mounts where cracked I opted to wedge in some compressed plastic and fill them in with adhesive. But if ur lookin for a cumfy ride go buy new mounts.

Total cost $6 =]
    Rob
    --------------------------------------------
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

delo
    my front left one went bad which messed up the pulleys and belts. replaced it and wow what a difference. no more squealing. and i can hardly tell that the car is on. well its not as loud as it was before. going to change the other two. the front and the rear. forty something bucks from autozone. sixty from R&S Strauss.

brandon
    Had my motor mounts and tranny mounts replaced (all of them) for $300 or so at a Mitsu dealer...

smonijhay
    I let my mechanic handle mine. He did a good job and charged me about $100

motormounts

<span style='font-size:30pt;line-height:100%'>B</span>oth my rear and left motormounts are cracked, the Mitsu dealer quoted me around $400.. I think they're trying to rape me!

Experienced TGC Member
    Yep thats a raping.
    Rob
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    damn dude thats not a rape, it consentual since u let him bend u over to put it to you. Next time try to look for the cheapest first, go to the dealer as a ultimate last resort.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

Livn2sk8
    Hey, why not Do It Yourself!!!

Takes about 5-10 minutes for the driver side upper mount, about 5 minutes for the front tranny mount. All you need are your basic tools, socket set, maybe a breaker bar or something for leverage. VERY easy to do, all you need is a jack to hold up the engine, do one mount at a time, so there is not that much stress on the engine, and WhaLA!!! CHEAP to do...and easy. I had no Idea how to do it, but I did, and my engine doesn't vibrate or anything now....

Experienced TGC Member
    Ye its really not hard to do, I did all mine without using a jack either. As long as you do one at a time, some people whose other mounts are really screwd will have to use the jack cause the other 3 busted mounts just wont fully support the block to keep it at the hight to allow you to reinstall the 4th mount.
    Rob
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

motormounts

Three of you guys are in Bkln/Bx, can you recommend a reputable local shop that can do the install.. Would they be cool with it if I bought the parts on my own then have em put em in?

motormounts

<span style='font-size:30pt;line-height:100%'>W</span>ell, I finally did it.. here's the breakdown..

Left & Rear Motormounts (OEM) $134
    Labor (local shop) $80

This even remedied the hard shifting- and I thought my transmission was going! (knock on wood..)

Experienced TGC Member
    I live in brooklyn, but I havnt taken any car I own to a shop in years...I just do it myself =D
    Rob
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon