The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: re: aftermarket mirrors

Showing results 1 to 16 of 16
    mitsulova

re: aftermarket mirrors

Does anyone know if theres any m3 or other tye of aftermarket mirrors that fit the galant with out any serious bodyshop mods?????.... please advise...lata guys.

they have these

good luck finding them. here's a tip, they're in japan[/url]

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

blakstarz73
    I was at a car show recently and there was this guy selling "stick-on" LED blinkers that has adhesive on the back that you can stick on the mirrors. All you have to do is drill a little jole in the mirror and run the wires to the turn signals. I can't remember the name od them, but I'm sure you can find it on the web or mention it at your local speed shop.

GalantLadie
    Quote Originally Posted by blakstarz73
    I was at a car show recently and there was this guy selling "stick-on" LED blinkers that has adhesive on the back that you can stick on the mirrors. All you have to do is drill a little jole in the mirror and run the wires to the turn signals. I can't remember the name od them, but I'm sure you can find it on the web or mention it at your local speed shop.
    i know what ur talking about, i have seen them on ebay, i would like ot see if anyone really has them installed on there galant and if it is worth it

If you do a search on " Mirror Lights" You'll find all the info you need. Yes, someone has them installed.

Chip
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

I totally disagree with the LED or any lights for that matter on the mirrors. Its got to be the stupidest design or idea ever. I don't know about you guys but when I turn, I rely on both my head turning around to check for traffic and the mirrors. So as I am turning, I am looking into the mirror and all I will see is this blinking light shining at me. I can't even see the mirror anymore. In my book, that is dangerous. I am sure in the day time it would probably be ok but at night, that think will glow.

Thats just my 2 cents.......
    2001 Galant ES I4
    Injen RD CAI
    Kamikaze Headers
    Brospeed Prosport Muffler
    Brembo X-drilled/Slotted Rotors
    Progress Springs
    KYB AGX Adjustables
    Racing X Headlights
    Smoked Tails
    Custom Grill
    Titanium Limo Tint
    MOMO Shift Knob
    Tenzo R Mean-6 18"
    JBL 600.1
    2 JL 12W3 D4 in topfire custom box

My ride: http://photos.yahoo.com/nrg_neo

Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    I totally disagree with the LED or any lights for that matter on the mirrors. Its got to be the stupidest design or idea ever. I don't know about you guys but when I turn, I rely on both my head turning around to check for traffic and the mirrors. So as I am turning, I am looking into the mirror and all I will see is this blinking light shining at me. I can't even see the mirror anymore. In my book, that is dangerous. I am sure in the day time it would probably be ok but at night, that think will glow.

Thats just my 2 cents.......
    I wondered about that too. The other thing that bothered me is that it's not hidden inside the mirror, it's actually glued on the mirror, and I think that would be distracting as hell as well as impair overall vision in the mirror. I don't need anymore blind spots.

Chip
    Chip

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

Tazz2000
    How about these?

I still want them. But I don't remember who had the hookup/information on them. I have some information here on my computer, but there was one guy on the old board that had a guy that could order them for $127 per set. We had to paint them, but hey, that's cool with me.

How about putting a couple of led"s behind the mirrors and have it "glow" when you put your turn signal on? I was thinking about this it shouldn't be too hard and since the led"s are behing the mirror they wouldn't blind you.
    Chapin y Boriqua que mezcla

Tazz2000
    I found the information on those lights.

$120.73
    DH - prot - st

That's what shows up in the USDM computers. They said they WON'T order it for me because it was not offered on the USDM Galants.

Here is the Part No. : MZ569439
    ...that they used to pull it up both the guy on here, and the dealership. :thumbsup: if the person that pulled it up on here origionally could do that again, I would be greatfull.

I don't like the led-on/in-mirror type, I like the LED on the outside front of the mirror better personally. I wouldn't mind LED in mirror if it's very unobtrusive.

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo
    How about putting a couple of led"s behind the mirrors and have it "glow" when you put your turn signal on? I was thinking about this it shouldn't be too hard and since the led"s are behing the mirror they wouldn't blind you.
    True for the passenger mirror because it's translucent, but the drivers mirror is opaque, so you couldn't make the led shine through it. You'd have to replace it or scrape the coating off the inside. On the old board, someone actually made a circuit with wiring diagrams and the works for how to do it.

Chip
    Chip

Quote Originally Posted by Fishboy55
    True for the passenger mirror because it's translucent, but the drivers mirror is opaque, so you couldn't make the led shine through it. You'd have to replace it or scrape the coating off the inside. On the old board, someone actually made a circuit with wiring diagrams and the works for how to do it.

Chip
    I didn't necessarly mean that the led should shine through the mirror but just light the edges of the mirror so you could get that glow effect. So basically the inside housing of the mirror would light up, and what would be seen is the edges of the mirror.
    Chapin y Boriqua que mezcla

just wanna add my 2cents..the set blackstar is talking about adhere to the mirror housing...not the mirror itself...and only people in front of the car can see them
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

757Boyzgtz
    i was talkin to a guy in richmond, va last week and he said that the m3 mirrors for the galants is still in production. he didnt say how long it would take for them to come out. im not even sure if he knows what he was talkin bout. ill check back with him in a month or so. btw does anybody know if the eclipse m3 lights would fit our cars.

I contacted the owner of http://www.sigmaautomotive.com/ to see what kind of price for these mirrors a piece and a price for a group buy. I'll post in Group buy when I get the information.
    1999 2.4l
    - AEM Short Ram with Blitz Sonic Air Filter
    - Magnecore Wires & Denso Iridium Plugs
    - Throttle Body rebored by ProFlow
    - Throttle Body Coolant Bypass
    - Throttle Cable adjustment
    - Freedom Design Strut Bar
    - Tein Springs
    - KYB AGX setting 1
    Exterior:
    - 2nd Gen JDM Tails
    - New rear 02 Molding