The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: gotmy coilovers on , when i hit a dip somethin gos bang

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6
    KandyPaint97

gotmy coilovers on , when i hit a dip somethin gos bang

when i hit a dip in the road it makes a bang sound like somethin with the strut anyone had this problem? it doesnt happen that much just here and there

schick
    probably hitting the bump stops.
    How much do you have it lowered?

KandyPaint97
    Thats the thing i dunt think the bumpstop was put back on could this be the reason? i think its like dropped maybe 2 inchs all around

Dark Anghell
    The noise is coming from the back-end..right? If it is then it's your spring hitting against pillar mount. I have the same problem. What's happening is the coilover is much shorter than the strut/shock, so when the rear wheel goes into a dip, the gap is created between the spring and upper mount (rubber piece), when the wheel goes back up, the spring hits either the rubber part or the bottom part (where it sits on the strut/shock). So don't worry about a thing

dre24k
    I got the same bang with weapon-r coilovers and tokico struts. its on my last damn nerve too :evil:

brandon
    A "loud bang" sounds pretty scary... but I get constant clicking noises and possibly "little bangs" whenever I go over potholes and such... I think it's normal for anyone with coilovers or springs...