The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Your Suspension Setup

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 280

Your Suspension Setup

OK guys, alot of you guys have been asking alot of suspension questions. And before I'd probably link u to the Suspension Review Page but yea with the amount of members we have, that page is looking really hurt. We need more reviews. So this is where u come into play. I need the following Information from u...
    [LIST][*] Year (1999,2000 etc) Trim Level (DE ES LS GTZ) and Engine (i4 v6) of your car[*] Type of Springs Coilovers u have on your car[*]Type of shocks and struts u have, if any[*]Camber Kit, location brand if u have/needed one[*] Type of rims u got. brand, model, size, width, offset, all the info u can give me[*]What kind of tires u have brand model size[*]Other things like a strut bar, maybe rolled fenders, chassis stiffening kit that u have, pretty much anything u feel has something to do with your suspension[*] and finally your review. list any problems u have, praise, suggestion, describe the ride quality etc.
    [LIST]

if you've had more than one setup, like u had progress one time and lets say u got h&r the second time, list two different review. also yea in the review, lets say u upgtraded your suspension for example "yea the ride quality totally got better when i got new struts" don't f orget to add things like that

Note: All comments and posts not answering the following questions above will be deleted. This thing is serious and i don't want it getting off topic by people asking questions on suspension setups here. Also Please try to follow the format that i had set, makes it easier for me to update the page.

1 more thing, hey craig, hopefully this thread works out better that that one u started, and gives u all the info u need

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Experienced TGC Member
    I have a 1998 ES (4G64)

Spings: Skunk2 coil-over for the Galant 1994-1998

Struts: KYB AGX adjustables for the Galant 1994-1998

STB: Ractive Strut Tower Brace for the Eclipse 1995-1999

Camber: Intrax kit for the rear

Stock rims and tires.... For now :cry:

BTW I had to shave the bump-stops down about 3 inches for the coils to fit right an ride nice.

Wes
    [b]<span style='color:blue'>Wes</span>
    The true path to enlightenment is Here
    <-Check it out Maz
    My 7g

[b]<span style='color:darkred'>ClubTGC Shidoshi-Kai Fellowship</span>

brandon
    1996 S, I-4

Weapon R coilovers

Tokico Performance Struts (rear only)

18 x 7.5 inch Motegi MR7 rims

Kumho 225/40ZR18 tires

=> I NEED some aftermarket struts for the front... the ride is very bouncy and hitting any kind of potholes or bumps makes you wonder whether or not the car is going to survive (but that could be because my car nearly didn't in NY last year with the same setup minus the rear struts, ick.) Cornering is superb, the car literally sticks to the road, even after raising the car back up a couple inches after putting the kit on, and adjustable ride height is splendid and relatively easy to do.

schick
    1996 S
    Struts: KYB AGX all around
    Springs: Eibach Pros
    STB: Ractive Type8
    Camber kit: none (yet?)
    Stock 14" wheels w/ 185/70-14 tires for now
    will upgrade to 17x7 w/ 215/45 or 215/40 next week

Very nice cornering, goes exactly where I want it, with little body roll. Very little dipping on take-off or braking.
    Definitly stiffer ride, have to go slower over speed bumps.
    I love the new ride! I can't wait to go autocross!

I hope it doesn't get too harsh after upgrading wheels/tires.
    Need to upgrade because stock size all-season tires get no grip, can't keep up with new suspention.

4G64
    1995 S 4G64 I-4
    Eibach Pro-kit
    KYB AGX adjustable shocks and struts
    no camber needed
    Konig Traffik 16x7 +38
    Kumho Escata Supra 712 205-50-16
    Front Strut Bar, Lower rear tie bar

Oli97GalantES
    1997 ES i4(4G64)

Springs: Stock

Struts: KYB GR2

STB: Front Ractive Strut Tower Brace
    Rear Upper BOMZ STrut Tower Brace

Rims and tires: Stock
    Upgrading to ADR RS Limited Silver Nengan 17" wheels
    with Falken ZE-502 Tires 205/45-17

New struts were stiff at first then softened up in about a month. Best investment ever. Made braking and turning better for my car. After installing my STBs, my turning improved even more dramatically.

suspension

:twisted: 95 5 speed Eibach sport Obx upper strut bar and obx rear lower tie bar stock struts and stock wheels with 205-60-14 for the grip :twisted:

96TEXASgalant
    96 S I-4
    eibach pro-kit
    KYB-AGX adjustables
    18x7.5 Halo??
    245 40ZR18 Nitto 555's
    OBX Stut bar????

It rides a little rough, I think I need to replace the suspension bushings. Living in the D.C. Metro area doesn't help, the roads suck terribly.

1996 S
    KYB AGX all around
    Skunk2 Coils (I think they were put on wrong)
    Bridgestone Potenzas 205-45 17"
    Katana C7 Rims

I think my coils need to be re-installed because they make entirely too much noise and there is no room to adjust the height. Suppoedly they are slammed and they are 1.5" in front and 1.0" in the back. They still handle like a champ though!!!

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

1994 ES

APEX Springs
    KYB AGX - all around

No wheels yet...to poor.
    Marcin P.

ANSA Exhaust
    Apex Springs
    KYB AGX struts all the way around
    (slowly working on more things)

Speed doesnt need beauty ~ Me

94reyES
    94 ES
    KYB AGX's (just the rear for now)
    Weapon-R Coilovers
    16 X 7 Konig something..., I forgot
    Nitto Extreme Performance 455's
    Eibach rear camber kit (not yet installed)

Before putting the AGX's on, I had the coilovers on the stock shocks. The ride stiffness is controllable now, with the 8-way adjustable AGX's. My front is still bouncy because I'm riding on the stocks. By next week, I should have them on the KYB's as well. I don't know how bouncy the ride will be then...

I'm still looking for a STB... any ideas where to get one?

TurboGalant
    1995 LS 4G64T

Intrax Springs

Cheap replacement struts from CarPartsPro (or some such)

Camber Kit was required, forgot the brand (all wheel alignment was required after installing the camber kit)

18X7.5" Konig Caffines

Kumho Rubber 712 225/40Z R18

Ractive STB for 95 Eclipse

Review: Very pleased. Took 12 hours to lower, siezed bolts, had to go out to replace all four blown struts (stock), other minor difficulties. Back tires were way out of camber, but it rode great. Installed STB, was amazed at the improved handling a simple little bar does. Realized the back tires were wearing really fast, installed a camber kit. That trough the alignment right out, was actually afraid to drive it on the interstate. Got it aligned, drives great. I have gotted the Mardi Gras beads hanging from the rear view to swing out to about 45 degrees a couple of times.

brandenblazeRR

1995 Mit Galant LS

[b]Ground Control Coilovers w/Eibach Springs

KYB GR-2 Struts

Ride F*** SUX i live in Oklahoma the roads are terrible i will be adding Front Strut bar and Rear Upper Strut also Rear hopefully that will stiffen the ride some but as for now nothing my ride is Slammed waiting on Camber Kit as we Speak at the bottom is a pic if ya wanna check it out

http://www.members.tripod.com/crage2001

bradwalker
    1997 4 Cyl. ES

No Springs or Coilovers (Need Springs)

No Camber Kit

18 x 7.5 Motegi Gunmetal MR7 4x100 Offset

Yokohama Parada Spec-2 225/40/ZR18

I just got the wheels and tires a few months ago. I love them. I got the wheels from Jeg's, and they're awesome. I wasn't sure about the gummetal, but, when I put them on, I loved them. Plus, I haven't seen too many people with the gunmetal. It's cool to be different I guess. I got the tires from Discount Tire Direct. The Paradas work great in the rain...they seem to funnel away all of the water. The whole wheel and tire package ran me about $1250 to my door.

1NastyGalant
    2000 ES V6
    Progress sport springs
    Stock struts
    No camber kit
    19" Axis Se7ens (Gun-metal)
    Toyo Proxes 225/35/ZR19
    Freedom Designs front strut bar

No problems only gains. Unless of course you consider a bad-ass stance and more agressive handling a problem.
    When I had my stock 16s on I would encounter some light scraping on steep hills and what not but the 19s raised it just enough to fix that. The bodykit doesnt really help either.

TGC Regular
    Year, Class & Engine : 1999 DE i4

Springs: Ground Control Coilovers

Shox & Struts: KYB AGX Shox And Struts (set to 3 all around)

Rims: 18" Konig Tantrums

Tires: Yokohama Parada 225/40/ZR18

Other: Norcals rear sway bar (when it gets here)

<span style='color:red'>Warning!</span>: Warning stay away from Aerospeed coilovers quality of the spring is horrable and the ride quality is even worse.
    - Atba

Gilhuly
    99 ES V6
    Eibach Pro
    KYB AGX
    16x7 rims? (They were a dealer aftermarket thing)
    No camber kit needed
    Dunlop sport A2 205/55/r16
    Freedom Design STB
    D3 Full CSK (chassis stiffening kit)

For people who are contemplating KYB - These are going to be stiff even at the softest setting. Love the chassis stiffening kit - Did the STB later and didn't notice a huge difference, but it probably did make one. The Dunlop Sport A2's are very good all around tires and handle extremely well in snow/ice. Definitely not gooey performance tires.
    [/img]

2k2 ES I4

Progress Springs
    KYB AGX F/R (setting F=1, R=2)
    Progress camber kit F/R
    Tenzo-R Passion-5 17x7 +42 offset
    225/45 Khumo Ecsta 711
    Freedom Design STB

Ada
    Some of you aren't writing a review :oops:

suspension

99 ES 2.4