The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Your Suspension Setup

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
Showing results 101 to 120 of 280
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjaydeeone
    2001 ES I4
    Lowering Springs Progress 2 inch drop in the front & 1.8 inch drop in the rear
    Struts Kyb Agx 4 way adjustable
    Rims Motegi Mr7 18s 7.5 inches wide
    Tires Yokohama Parada Spec II 225/40/18
    Strut Tower Bar Freedom Design
    Camber Kit not needed
    update:

Lowering Springs Progress 2 inch drop in the front & 1.8 inch drop in the rear
    Struts Kyb Agx 4 way adjustable, set on 2 all around
    Rims Motegi DP 10, 18x8, +35 offset
    Tires Yokohama Parada Spec II 225/40/18
    Strut Tower Bar DC Sports
    Camber Kit Home Depot Style, 5 washers for the right side, and 3 washers for the left side. camber is currently -1.5 for rear on both sides. Previosuly was 3.0 rear right, and 2.50 rear left. Fenders have been rolled
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar

-1996 Mitsubishi Galant S 5speed

-SKUNK2 race coilovers (2g GSt specific)

-KYB AGX all around

-Ingalls front and rear camber correction kit

-Racing Hart C2 18x8 +42 offset

-BF Goodrich G-force 215/35/18

-TEIN Front upper pillowball mounts / KYB rear urethane shock bushing mounts / Forza Racing front upper strut bar/ RalliArt Lower Tie Bar/ Tanabe Racing front and rear underbrace Kit / Currently Under Significant Upgrades and Overhaul

-With the initial and most recent setup listed above I have been satisfied. Handling is far much superior compared to stock and even when I had a Eibach Prokit with KYB GR2 setup on my old 95 Galant. Response is also improved. Ride quality is decent but tolerable but a little bit better if I was running on my 15 inch wheels and tires. After months of getting the right setup for the dampening on the KYB AGX's ride quality and handling is balanced IMO.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

Eibach Springs 1.2/1.0 drop
    Stock Shocks (comming soon KYB Shocks/Struts)
    3g Strut Bar
    Lower Tie Bar
    MSR 18x7.5 42 offset
    Nexen 225/40/r18 z rated tires

Proto
    Eibach Prokit, KYB GR2s, 16" OZ Racing F1 Wheels 5 Lug, Fuzion HRi 205/16/50 Tires, JDM VR4 Front Strut Bar, OEM Rear Sway Bar

Experienced TGC Member
    SUSPENSION:
    -Tein S-Tech Springs
    -KYB GR-2 SHOCKS/STRUTS

WHEELS AND TIRES:
    -18x7.5 ADR VICTORY
    - FIERCE HP(GoodYear) Tires size 225/40/18

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    2004 ES I4

Lowering Springs---Sprint Springs
    Struts----------------OEM
    Rims
    Tires
    Strut Tower Bar----9G strutbar
    Camber Kit
    SwayBar------------Progress 24mm(rear)

1999 ES V6

Lowering Springs---Tien SS-P
    Struts-----------------^^
    Rims
    Tires
    Strut Tower---------RRE strut bar
    Camber Kit----------Yap
    Swaybar-------------Addco(rear)

TGC Regular
    2003 ES i4

SPRINGS: TEIN S-Tech

STRUTS: KYB GR-2's

CAMBER KIT: None atm.

RIMS: Steelies

TIRES: Fuzion 195/65/15

Nice suspension for a beginner, but to go better need kyb - agx.

2000 ES I4

Tein SS-P coilovers
    -8 clicks in the fronts
    -10 clicks in the rears
    *0 camber
    *front bumper sits 6" from the ground
    RRE strut tower bar
    15" American Racing (dealer option)
    Sumitomo HTR T4 195/65/15

plans to upgrade:
    EVO 4-pot Brembos
    Rear sway bar
    poly bushings
    17" SSR's or Volks
    Nitto NT555R or INVO
    or
    Toyo T1-R
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

BEFORE

AFTER
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Calipso
    Lowering Springs: Tein S-Tech
    Struts: KYB AGX 4 way adjustable. 2 in the front, 3 in the rear.
    Rims: Stock 15" steelies for the winter. Sportin dem hubcaps.
    Tires: 195/65/15 Falken Ziex ZE-512's
    Strut Tower Bar: Freedom Design
    Camber Kit: None yet, going to have to do it soon.

Got my alignment, I'm happy. Rides smooth......now I just need to ghetto mat the entire car and it will ride quiet.

Experienced TGC Member 6G72gearhead's Avatar
    Getting an excessive acceleration ticket.

2001 ES V6

Suspension Techniques rear swaybar

Energy suspensions full bushing set, including engine mounts

Autocross tires
    Crager Soft Black 16X8's with 12mm offset

Avon Tech Ra's 225/50/16's Next season I will hopefully be out with a set of Hoosier A6's in a 255 or a 245

Summer set
    Currently mounted on the stockers, will be on 16X7 cragers next year

Hankook RS-2's in a 225/50/16

Winter set
    Currently unmounted but will go on the stockers soon

Pirelli PZero Nero M+S's in a 205/55/16

The avons ride like a buckboard but R-comps will do that, they handle great, another common attribute to these tires. The Hankooks are awesome, although they wont last too long, but riding them only in the summer helps. The sidewalls are a bit softer than what I would like them to be, but that keeps the kidneys happy on the road. After being on the Avons and the Hankooks the Pirelli's feel just too soft and unresponsive but that will be similar to any other all season I go with.

The Suspension Technique rear bar is amazing, the car rotates so well and just feels totally neutral. I can kick the breaks, on course, through a turn and get it to sharpen up the corner, its soo much better than how much push I used to get.

I really need some non-drop or minimal drop springs with a really hard rate, I'm talking approx. 400-500 Lbs/in, if someone knows where I could find something like that it would be greatly apprechiated.
    RIP: Colin McRae, you will be missed.
    "I shall go before thee and make the crooked places straight."

2001 ES V6 M/T under construction
    1991 Volvo 244ti 300 whp daily driver
    www.gooichimotorsports.com

Quote Originally Posted by 6G72gearhead
    2001 ES V6

Suspension Techniques rear swaybar

Energy suspensions full bushing set, including engine mounts

Autocross tires
    Crager Soft Black 16X8's with 12mm offset

Avon Tech Ra's 225/50/16's Next season I will hopefully be out with a set of Hoosier A6's in a 255 or a 245

Summer set
    Currently mounted on the stockers, will be on 16X7 cragers next year

Hankook RS-2's in a 225/50/16

Winter set
    Currently unmounted but will go on the stockers soon

Pirelli PZero Nero M+S's in a 205/55/16

The avons ride like a buckboard but R-comps will do that, they handle great, another common attribute to these tires. The Hankooks are awesome, although they wont last too long, but riding them only in the summer helps. The sidewalls are a bit softer than what I would like them to be, but that keeps the kidneys happy on the road. After being on the Avons and the Hankooks the Pirelli's feel just too soft and unresponsive but that will be similar to any other all season I go with.

The Suspension Technique rear bar is amazing, the car rotates so well and just feels totally neutral. I can kick the breaks, on course, through a turn and get it to sharpen up the corner, its soo much better than how much push I used to get.

I really need some non-drop or minimal drop springs with a really hard rate, I'm talking approx. 400-500 Lbs/in, if someone knows where I could find something like that it would be greatly apprechiated.
    get in touch w/ road race engineering (RRE). their suspension guru, john mueller, can help you out... one way to get the springs and drop you want is full coilovers w/ custom spring rate either w/ JIC FLT-A2 or TEIN SS-P . you could even call ground control and get them to make you a set of custom rate adjustable perch springs.

Quote Originally Posted by Reelax
    get in touch w/ road race engineering (RRE). their suspension guru, john mueller, can help you out... one way to get the springs and drop you want is full coilovers w/ custom spring rate either w/ JIC FLT-A2 or TEIN SS-P . you could even call ground control and get them to make you a set of custom rate adjustable perch springs.
    Any guestamate on cost for something like that.

For the ss-p's around 1400 i think

My setup right now is

tein SS
    eclipse gt stb
    stock steelies for winter - 17' rims summer
    going to be getting a addco swaybar

Any guestamate on cost for something like that.
    JIC FLT-A2 $2000 installed (top of the line for our platform, used in full race cars)
    TEIN SS-P $1500 installed (i have these)
    GROUND CONTROL custom rate probably $500 installed (but ur gonna need struts since the high spring rate will turn your OEM to slush)

you might also want to look into chasis bracing from D3 (CSK). i also have this.
    and a RRE strut tower brace (i have this too but it is no longer in production and was limited edition to begin w/). if you can't get one i suggest the OEM strut brace for the 3G, the other ones on the market (besides the DCsports [I4 only right now] and CARBING [expensive]) are basically for decoration since they pivot at the mounts.

... and since ur autoXing, u probably need to upgrade your brakes as well, but that's a whole 'nother conversation.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    If your spending that much, go with the Jics. I wouldnt buy the SSPs, you cant adjust the rebound seperately from the compression. So you either have high rebound and low compression or the other way around. With the Jics, you can adjust them seperately which is nice. Or if you have DEEP pockets, look into Hot Bits coilovers, they are amazing and of pure race quality.
    7g for life!

Quote Originally Posted by seth98esT
    If your spending that much, go with the Jics. I wouldnt buy the SSPs, you cant adjust the rebound seperately from the compression. So you either have high rebound and low compression or the other way around. With the Jics, you can adjust them seperately which is nice. Or if you have DEEP pockets, look into Hot Bits coilovers, they are amazing and of pure race quality.
    the compression and rebound on the TEIN SS-P go stiffer and softer together in sync just like the JIC FLT-A2. the difference is the adjusters on the TEIN's are all on top (16 levels) whereas the JIC have them on the bottom for the front and on the top for the rear (15 levels); neither set are independently adjustable for compression/rebound. the main advantage of the JIC's is they are body length adjustable (ala TEIN FLEX [not available for our platform]) so you can raise/lower ur car w/o changing preload and travel. i wasn't aware they make HOT BITS for our platform.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    They make Hotbits for 2g, not sure for 3g. But Im sure they could, they do a lot of custom setups too.

And maybe thats what I was thinking of is the preload on the Jics is not affected from rebound and compression adjustments.
    7g for life!

I was sort of dabbling with the idea of the jic's but lack of funding is a bitch. I was looking to get something cheap in the way of springs to tide me off until I get the funds for a full jic set. I thought the D3 chassis stiffening kit came with a front stb, that attached to the firewall. As I've previously mentioned I already have a rear sway bar, and the thing actually got away from national trophiest Tim Herron, who has previously driven the car. He was telling me that without it, it should have pushed like a mother through that corner, and that was kind of what he was expecting it to do. I'm just happy that my drivings gotten into the 1 second range behind a national driver. With the 255's next year, if I can pull it off, combined with a 5spd should put me into STI/EVO territory, or at least locally.

I was sort of dabbling with the idea of the jic's but lack of funding is a bitch. I was looking to get something cheap in the way of springs to tide me off until I get the funds for a full jic set. I thought the D3 chassis stiffening kit came with a front stb, that attached to the firewall. As I've previously mentioned I already have a rear sway bar, and the thing actually got away from national trophiest Tim Herron, who has previously driven the car. He was telling me that without it, it should have pushed like a mother through that corner, and that was kind of what he was expecting it to do. I'm just happy that my drivings gotten into the 1 second range behind a national driver. With the 255's next year, if I can pull it off, combined with a 5spd should put me into STI/EVO territory, or at least locally.
    the d3 stb is made for a 3g eclipse (if u didn't allready know, the 3g eclipse and 8g galant are built on the same platform and 90% of our suspension parts are swapable), it will not reach the firewall on our 8g's.

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast