The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Your Suspension Setup

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
Showing results 121 to 140 of 280
    Experienced TGC Member 6G72gearhead's Avatar
    Getting an excessive acceleration ticket.

I didnt think of that, I know the firewall is extended on the eclipse. Would there be any method for ridgedly making an extention bracket of sorts.
    RIP: Colin McRae, you will be missed.
    "I shall go before thee and make the crooked places straight."

2001 ES V6 M/T under construction
    1991 Volvo 244ti 300 whp daily driver
    www.gooichimotorsports.com

Quote Originally Posted by 6G72gearhead
    I didnt think of that, I know the firewall is extended on the eclipse. Would there be any method for ridgedly making an extention bracket of sorts.
    it's been thought of but nobody is sure if the 8g firewall is structurally capable of being an anchor point for bracing.

Experienced TGC Member 6G72gearhead's Avatar
    Getting an excessive acceleration ticket.

It depends on how much the strut towers flex, I might have a solution to figuring this out. But I would mount it to the seem on the firewall that should be a strong point.

My Idea to see how much they flex. drill a piece of sheet metal to fit under one of the bolts on either strut tower. Connect a rod on either side, pvc tubing would work to. then with the smaller rods attatched to the strut towers, connect them with a larger tube that allows the rods to telescope inside of it. Take and secure the larger tube to something that wont allow it to move at all, as any movement of this piece will flaw the results. Now on the small rods mark a ring all the way around where the larger tube starts. then get two markers and secure them on the larger tube with the tip of the marker riding on the small rod, then with a different colored marker, mark a ring where the marker tip rides. Do this on both sides. Then go drive the piss out of it with a full tank of gas and then look at the results.

Think of what I have done as a dampener. With the dampener in its still position, we have marked where the piston shaft is in relation to the outer dampener tube, also we have a marker riding on the piston shaft, marking its up and down traval, we also have a mark where the marker is placed while at rest.

Now we would know how far the strut towers flex, and can then make a more educated discision as to whether or not the firewall can hold up.
    RIP: Colin McRae, you will be missed.
    "I shall go before thee and make the crooked places straight."

2001 ES V6 M/T under construction
    1991 Volvo 244ti 300 whp daily driver
    www.gooichimotorsports.com

- Megan Racing Full Damper Coilovers

6 clicks in the front
    9 in the back

- RRE Front Strut Tower Brace

- 18" Falken Koblenz wrapped in Bridgestone Potenza 225/40/18

TGC Regular
    Galant: 1994 VR-4 V6 TT

Springs: TEIN Coilovers with Dampening kit

Wheels: 17" TSW Evo R (Can't remember the exact size)

Tires: 215/45/R17's Bridgestone MY01

Other: Cusco Front Strut Brace

Compared to the standard setup, I found the suspension to ride so much smoother.... cornering is a breeze now and stopping distance has decreased.

All an all, the TEIN setup is the best I have come across for the Galant. I used to work for mitsubishi, and most of the other setups I came across were far too hard and the car jumped all over the road.

I'm looking into a camber kit for the car in the coming months, so I'll keep you posted
    1994 Galant VR-4 GOKUH ( 230kw atw )
    2000 Legnum VR-4 ( Daily, 155.5kw atw )
    1997 Legnum VR-4 - Yes Another one
    1995 FTO - V6 Mivec 200hp

2000 Galant LS

OEM everything with the exception of:
    Megan Racing 3G eclipse front upper strutbar.
    eBay rear lower tiebar.
    (dry months) Monderra 20" steel/chrome Blackhawk wheels on Nitto NT-555 Z rated tires (225/35ZR20 90W).
    (wet months) 5Zigen 18" alloy Super Six wheels on Nitto NT-SN1 winter rated tires (225/40R18 92V).

Worlds better than 100% OEM already. I'm learning to love my 5Zigens over the bigger and heaver Monderras. I'm thinking about switching to 18" alloy wheels all the time on the road and just put the chrome on for shows and such. The NT-555 tires are the coolest tires I've ever had the pleasure to drive on. They stick when you want them to and seem frictionless when you don't.

Next upgrade is either going to be the D3 chassis stiffening kit or Tein Superstreet dampers with the EDFC. Thinking I need to replace my strutbar with the Tein/Carbing one with the master brake cylinder stopper.

Experienced TGC Member milo111000's Avatar
    3 300 lb chicks at the rear, two giant balls in the front.. got me 2" front 1" back.

Year: 2000 Galant 2.4L
    Megan Racing
    KYB-GR-2
    SPC camber kit
    3G Eclipse rims 17x8 (i'm not sure about the width)
    205/40 R17's
    3G strut bar, rolled rear fender
    Everything I've done to the car so far seems to being working out real good. The springs and struts give the car a good ride. Not too stiff, but not too bouncy either.

Proto
    The 2G shall have the following:
    - Eibach Prokit
    - Tokico Illumina Shocks&Struts
    - DC Sports CS2 Front and Rear Strut Bars
    - RM Rear Sway Bar
    looking into under body braces also.

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by milo111000
    3 300 lb chicks at the rear, two giant balls in the front.. got me 2" front 1" back.
    lmfao :D
    ASE Certified Master Automotive Tech
    2000 Galant ES = Daily Driver
    1996 Galant Turbo + 5 speed & lsd = fun ****SOLD****
    1992 Galant VR-4 #372/1000 Kensington Grey ***SOLD***

hey could anyone tell meany sites to get affordable but good struts/shocks?

02' Galant ES i4

Tien S-tech springs
    KYB GR-2's
    93' Probe GT STB
    Ingalls Camber Kit
    18x8 5Zigen 5ZR 2 piece 225/40/18 Offset is from a 91 supra, probably a 38 maybe, not sure

Not a bad setup, I think the Tein's are a lil mushy, Planning on ditching the whole setup and running Tein Basics.

Zigen look fine, but im searching for some SSR GP-0 Evolutions. If I can find them, im buying them.

Experienced TGC Member glantv699's Avatar
    1999 ES V6 Galant

Sprint Lowering Springs
    KYB AGX Shocks/Struts (set on 2 all around)
    Freedom Design Strut Tower Brace
    18 x 7" Finn Racing Wheels with Kumho Ecsta 711 Tires

The drop is amazing thus far, the springs are rated to -1.8 for the front and rear. I think I got way more in the front. 2 finger gap in the front and 1.5 finger gap in the rear well.

Handling is sharp and the ride is a little rougher, but the tires stay planted on the road. I am quite pleased with the setup thus far, I need to get an alignment probably, although it really looks like not much changed.

> TGCPA - SOUTHEAST
    > 2010 Evolution X SE #183 of 340 (1 of 54 in Octane Blue)
    > 1999 ES V6 (Sold 2/2011)

Experienced TGC Member o1naturalhigh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dronesurfboards
    02' Galant ES i4

Tien S-tech springs
    KYB GR-2's
    93' Probe GT STB
    Ingalls Camber Kit
    18x8 5Zigen 5ZR 2 piece 225/40/18 Offset is from a 91 supra, probably a 38 maybe, not sure

Not a bad setup, I think the Tein's are a lil mushy, Planning on ditching the whole setup and running Tein Basics.

Zigen look fine, but im searching for some SSR GP-0 Evolutions. If I can find them, im buying them.
    drone...got a pic of the stb??

ill take a pic of it when i get a chance this week

2002 I4 ES

Tein SS-P
    DC Sports upper front strut bar
    Ebay rear lower tie bar
    Ingalls camber kit in the rear
    18 inch Axis Reverbs
    225-40-18 Nitto Neo Gen Tires

Love my setup

would anyone be able to tell me where i can get some KYB-GR-2's, i just bought some megan lowering springs and im looking to get it all done soon, thanks alot

1997 DE 5spd

Eibach Prokit
    KYB GR-2's
    2G strut tower bar
    DriftZ 17 X 7 40mm offset
    Federal SS 595
    14mm rear swaybar

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

8G_GTZ
    UPDATE:

Megan Racing 32 Way adjustable coilovers
    Megan Racing Strut tower bar
    18x8 Motegi Racing wheels
    225/40ZR18 Falken Ziex 512

On order:

Intrax lower rear sway bar
    Powerslot EVO 11" rotors
    ebay rear lower tie bar

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast