The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Help ! CAr is idling badly....and after driving highway...wi

Showing results 1 to 2 of 2
    ShawnINCbmore

Help ! CAr is idling badly....and after driving highway...wi

I have a 99 Galant. I am having intermittent problems. Usually this haapens when I have arounf a qtr. tank of gas. After I drive for highway speeds (65-75) and then coming to stop and go traffic...the tachometer wil start acting crazy when I step on the gas . It wil start sputtering and eventually stall. Then it will restart as if the battery is dead. This only happens at stop and go speeds and only intermittently. Today whoile driving at work...my rpm gauge lived at 4. I have taken it to the dealer...so far they havce changed my crank position chnager, plugs, and cleaned my throttle..but I am still having problems..

CT_GalantV6
    I had that problem but only after I had disconnected the battery to reset the computer. It was doing just as you say. You can try this, Disconnect battery to reset computer. reconnect batt. Then drive around town for a hour or so, city driving only, NO highway driving for the first hour. Then take it on the highwayv and see how it does, what your doing here is letting your computer re-learn how to drive.