The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: K&N Oil Filter

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7
    Black2k1GTZ

K&N Oil Filter

Has anyone used these before?? Im gonna be changing my oil this weekend and wanted to see if it was worht the $10 over a generic brand one.

Any +'s, -'s on these from those of you that have used them???

Marc :mg:

i used to use them. not anymore really. didn't feel like i needed the filtering capabilities of a k&n for 10 dollars a piece if i changed my oil at less than 3000 miles. if you don't change ur oil or filter as often, or running a high mileage oil like a synthetic, then u might want to use one.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Black2k1GTZ
    Well I always run a synthetic oil...and I change my oil every 2500 miles. I'll try it this time and next time I change the oil...see if I notice a difference in anything.
    !!!

Hey Marc, you got a part number on that? I always wanted to try better filters but don't know where to look. Last time I checked K&N's website, which was a long time ago, they didn't have our Galant part number.

[size=10]<span style='color:white'>. . . .</span>

Black2k1GTZ
    I honestly cant remember...I read it in the book that they have at Checkers. I know it ended with 4 though...lol...Ill find out and let you know asap!!!

HP-1004 for the v6 and HP-1010 on the i4. just looked it up on knfilters.com if u guys want to make sure or look up other cars

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Thanks guys. Guess I have to look online for a dealer. My local autoparts don't carry the K&N oil filters. Actually, I really wanted a decent ATF filter b/c you know we don't change those out much, lol.

[size=10]<span style='color:white'>. . . .</span>