The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: The warped discs o'doom strike again...

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3
    Kieran

The warped discs o'doom strike again...

Judder, judder, judder, judder, judder, judder .......

Lots of information on the forums, most saying that warped discs are fairly common, so I'm considering aftermarket 'uprated' discs...

Can anyone recommend some standard size discs/pads that will fit a 8th Gen UK-spec 2.0GLS (2000MY), and somewhere in the UK (or elsewhere if the shipping's not daft) that I could get them from??

The only place i've so far found was a link on another topic to www.needforspeed.co.uk, who stock EBC discs/pads it seems... anyone know of any other retailers? Cheers!

itmatt
    These would not have got hot enough to warp!
    Look at the disks and see if there is dark deposits on them, the judder is normally due to the brake pad deposits on the disk

if you change.(groved disks also help to clean the pads)

Kieran
    Erm, no... brake pad deposits are nothing to do with it, I'm afraid. Certainly, there were no deposits on the discs.

It's an unfortunate weakness - The discs on 8Gs are fairly infamous for warping. My dealer (variava Mitsubishi) sees it all the time... It can be as soon as 10,000 miles or less on hard driven cars. It's a Galant thing, a bit like the Lash adjusters