The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: GALANT ES--V6 (3.0 Liter) question partaining to turbo's

Showing results 1 to 15 of 15
    escoson

GALANT ES--V6 (3.0 Liter) question partaining to turbo's

hi,
    im looking for a turbo for my GALANT ES--V6 (3.0 Liter) if anyone knows of any links that would have turbos for my car it would help, plz get back asap or u can contact me on aim @ k4rmapolice

escoson
    thnx alot bro, glad to see ppl respond quick as hell on here

Quote Originally Posted by escoson
    thnx alot bro, glad to see ppl respond quick as hell on here
    glad to respond quick

www.MPHunlimited.com is in the works for a Twin Turbo kit for the 3.0L V6 in the 8G Galant/3G Eclipse if you like that go ahead and check it out it'll be like $7000-8000 though.

another option is to get a blower. rippmods.com sells a blower for your v6 for about 4500

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Senior TGC Member
    that'd be me
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

Hey Pinoy, I'm not familiar with a blower. How much Hp and what type of installation are we lookin at for somethin like that?
    8G Galant GTZ-juiced, 275 hp
    1G Eclipse GSX-pushin 400 whp-09/22/06 12.33 @ 113mph

The best of both worlds...

Quote Originally Posted by SinSere
    Hey Pinoy, I'm not familiar with a blower. How much Hp and what type of installation are we lookin at for somethin like that?
    Like this:

It looks to be a bit harder than a turbo install because of the configuration of the motor. But go here www.RippMods.com and read up on it. HP Gains will be similar to gains seen with a Turbo. One big difference though, is that with a Blower you see power gains throughout the powerband.

Black2k1GTZ
    You may not be familiar with a "blower"...but im sure youve heard of a supercharger!!!! Same thing...a supercharger is a belt driven forced induction unit. In my opinion a supercharger is better on a larger engine like the V6...but some people will beg to differ...a turbo and a supercharger both have their own pluses and minuses. Do a little thinking...where do you want the power more...your driving style is really going to determine which one you go with....

Marc :mg:

MARS
    <span style='color:blue'>WHAT DOES YOUR DRIVING STYLE HAVE TO DO WHETHER YOU GET A BLOWER (SUPERCHARGER) OR A TURBO. :puzzled1:</span>

cdaw2001ES
    If you want more power off the line - at lower RPMS, and quicker reaction, Supercharger.

If you want more brute horsepower, Top end speed, and can deal with the spool up lag, Turbo's what you need

Seems the next generation of turbo's withbuilt in spooling motors, may make the choice mux. Allready doing it in deisels

JT

[quote=MARS]<span style='color:blue'>WHAT DOES YOUR DRIVING STYLE HAVE TO DO WHETHER YOU GET A BLOWER (SUPERCHARGER) OR A TURBO. :puzzled1:</span>

you need to learn to drive slower. with all that power, you'll be so tempted to drive fast all the time...but yea thats dangerous and tickets hurt the wallet too

Quote Originally Posted by cdaw2001ES
    If you want more power off the line - at lower RPMS, and quicker reaction, Supercharger.

If you want more brute horsepower, Top end speed, and can deal with the spool up lag, Turbo's what you need

Seems the next generation of turbo's withbuilt in spooling motors, may make the choice mux. Allready doing it in deisels

JT
    you got the sterotype for it.

i know with the ripp mods spercharger, you're getting power througout the whole powerband and yea with that, in mind, getting power in the high end isn't your problem, its getting that power to the ground since traction is a big problem with the supercharger

as for the turbo, a smaller turbo will be easier to spool up, but yea it lags in the high end. but a bigger turbo does better in the high end but not as good in the low end. three really good options is to either a. use a big turbo and use nos in the low end, just a good nice sized turbo to cover u both in part of the low and part of the high end, or 3 get two turbos inline, in a way. a small turbo for the low end and a bigger one for the high

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Nick VR4
    go with Twin Turbo set up if you can
    You do not get Turbo Lag and power is avail at low end and high end

Senior TGC Member
    I'm leaning towards the supercharger personally That little itty bitty 4500 bucks nets me 300 to 400 horses at the wheels...pretty big bang for the buck So much bang in fact Ripp Mods hasn't been able to do a 1/4 mile test because the dang car won't grab the ground well in almost any gear. Scary being a front wheel drive ain't it
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

MowrMowr
    300-400 at the wheels?! :shock:

From RIPP's website:

This kit is capable of 288 horsepower and 263 foot-pounds of torque at the flywheel on 93 octane gas, while retaining stock-like drivability. The complete breakdown of what is included with the kit, and Dyno-graphs are available.

Closer to 230 at the wheels. Stay realistic 8)