The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 7G CAI Tutorial! n00bs read!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 52
    You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar

7G CAI Tutorial! n00bs read!

just thought this should be here from the overwhelming number of posts in the last week. enjoy! props to kevin, and denver i guess

7G CAI (Cold Air Intake) installation tutorial By: Kevin R.

Warning: This installation is at your own risk. Me and/or members of GalantSpeed.com are not responsible for any problems that may occur.

Me and several other galant owners have found a way to fabricate a Cold Air Intake. There is no company out there that makes a CAI specifically for the 94-98 Galant. If you are starting from a stock setup, you will need to purchase a MAS adapter. You will need the following items for the CAI.

- MAS adapter - Short Ram intake (optional) - 92-2002 Short Ram Intake for a Civic/Integra - Intake Air Filter - 4"-3" PVC adapter - Flathead screwdriver - Clamp Rings - Nut Wrench

*Precautionary step*- Disconnect Battery and MAS plug.

Step 1- If you are starting from "Stock" you will need to remove everything that is connected before the MAS adapter. This consists of the factory air filter box, factory air filter piping, and factory air filter.

*Optional Step*- You can replace the stock rubber piping from the throttle body to the MAS unit with an aftermarket short ram intake. Weapon R, Arospeed, Ractive, Etc., make short ram intakes for 7G Galant.

Step 2- You will need to connect the MAS adapter to the unit. Make sure its tightly secure.

Step 3- Take the 4"-3" PVC adapter and connect the 4" side to the MAS adapter. Once its firmly secure, tighten the ring clamps.

Step 4- Take the Civic/Integra short ram intake and connect the intake air filter to the intake piping.

Step 5- You will have to move the battery to the left as far as you can in order to have the CAI extension to fit. Disconnect the battery and take it from the battery tray.

Step 6- Remove the factory battery tray.

Step 7- You will have to find an alternative place to have the battery tie downs placed. I drilled 2 holes for the tie-downs to be placed.

Step 8- Install the Civic/Integra intake to the 3" part of the PVC adapter. Be sure that the connector hose on the intake hosing is firmly secure. You will need to have it on so it will have a firm and secure fit.

Step 9- Tighten the clamp ring on the 3" end of the PVC adapter.

Step 10- At this point, you will need a find a place to secure the CAI. If you don't find a way to support the CAI (especially the extension part) you have a high risk of the intake possibly coming off while driving.

Step 11- Place the battery back and make sure its tied down firmly and connect battery and connect MAS plug.

Step 12- Tighten all the ring clamps.

Step 13- Start your motor and inspect all areas of the CAI. At this point you want to make one last attempt to tighten and secure the CAI.

Step 14- Take a test drive....FLOOR the car....and hear the CAI and feel the power.

7g for life!

no props to me, i just helped kevin when he originally did it (the tutorial not the intake)

mseayjr

problems

Is it better to get a short ram intake or the air filter with the tube seperatly? The only pvc adapter I could find was 2 1/2 in. long, it this to small? Does the mas adapter have to be for my specific model galant? The only one I can find is on the shelves.

galantWI
    How much does this tutorial change when using the integra gsr cold air intake, instead of the short ram intake??
    I'm new so any help would be great!
    8)

not much, this tutorial was written before wes figured out about the gsr intake. u need the same things though, i.e. mas adaptor, 3" filter, and the 2 rubber pieces from home depot. the gsr is the way to go as there is a way to mount the cold air extension to the battery tray, where as w/ this system you have to ghetto rig a few brackets to hold everything up...
    7g for life!

galantWI
    Very nice. Will this one work the same as the other gsr CAI?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=2421181038

TGC Regular
    I can't seem to find a mas adaptor anywhere. Can someone show me where I find one?

when is we gon be free????

galantWI
    I think this is what you want.. I saw it in a different post
    http://www.bestautopartsonline.com/air_int...ake_systems.htm

TGC Regular
    Thanks alot bro :thumbsup:

when is we gon be free????

galantWI
    So, I got my CAI in the mail today. One problem... It's the two piece intake that they make for the integra gsr. Will this work? Either way, I'm getting them to give me the one I ordered. Guess it will be a little while longer for this mod. :x

? can u post pics? the integra gsr one is the only one that we know fits somewhat easily. usually its 3 pieces, 1 short tube, 1 longer tube w/ one bend, and another long one w/ 2 bends. u only use 1 short tube or either long ones.

me personally i use the longer one w/ only one bend as i did not buy the integra gsr kit, but its the same tubing.

but the best one to use is the longer one w/ 2 bends because theres a mount that works perfectly for mounting it on the battery tray...
    7g for life!

galantWI
    This is the one that I ordered
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=2421181038

This is the one that they sent me
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=2422550976

It is a different kit. I just don't know if it might still work.

chewbaca
    anybody, just looking at it, will this intake for the GSR work for the tutorial?

http://www.xoxoparts.com/hot/agora.cgi?pro...e/94upinegraGSR

sorry if it's not a link, I don't know how to make an active link. :?

Mindless
    I didn't see the short ram piece that goes from the MAS to the TB, but you can use that intake. You'll still need the MAS adapter though.

galantWI
    So do you need a short ram piece to go from the tb to the mas???
    Can I just keep the stock stuff there?
    Please help... I put mine in last night and it's acting kind of goofy. :shock:

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    Ya you can leave from the MAS to the TB but why would you want to? :?

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

why is it acting goofy??
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

Why does everyone say a Integra? Wont a 2g Eclipse Cai fit?

Like this one
    YES I STILL HAVE MY GALANT!!

Experienced TGC Member Blue Ice's Avatar
    <span style='color:blue'>Does anyone have any pics of the integra intake installed?</span>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast